S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I know its probably been asked plenty of times....But [email protected] I'm going to ask it again!

now that the truck is bagged, I'm going to play it cool on the outside this winter, and start on the interior. I used to follow the stereo scene pretty close a few years back, but got out of it for awhile...so... I'm asking for some help on a stereo setup here.

I want 4 12's in the ext cab of my truck, what do you guys think are the best deal, and quality?
I am building my own box, so that is not included in the cost, but the budget for subs and amps = 1000.00 at most.
Ok plan away here guys, give me your ideas, also which way do you guys think the subs should face? I want them to be seen, they are going in a fiberglass box, probably firing up, but not sure.

I want loud, clean bass! I am more of a SQ person. I listen to all types of music, and prefer the sound of a sealed or ported box.

GO plan away, then give me some prices and ideas!

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
hm...4 12's would be a really tight fit...if you can pm SMNW2003 or Tempe, they know everything about this

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tight fit??? not at all..remember I am building a fiber glass box, so the subs are not going to be in a strait line across the cab. they will be in more of a curve.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts

() ()
() ()

? its gonna take up a LOT of room, i think, if you want near the correct airspace in the box. alpine makes great subs (type r), mtx thunder8000, audiobahn...but i think its going to be kinda hard to fit in a $1000 budget, less u order from etronics.com

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to go with a sub that requires a faily small seal box.

Current plan was to possbily go with JL's and a kicker or fosgate amp.

·
Got V8?
3,263 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
hm...4 12's would be a really tight fit...if you can pm SMNW2003 or Tempe, they know everything about this
I believe Darkspokz or a name similar to that built a fiberglass box that held 4 12's and his amp...turned out very sweet...ill see if i can pull up the thread for you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts