S-10 Forum banner

Well what should I do?

• Go to the local dyno: 2 runs for $125

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Drive 1.5hrs to Chicago: 3runs for $100

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Don't do any and save up for a reflash.

Votes: 9 52.9%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what do ya think?

·
Anybody got 20's?
5,731 Posts
96s10 said:
Well what do ya think?

i see that you have the flex alite 210 dual electric fans. did you modify the top fan shroud so it would bolt back on. i have just got done installing my fans and used some strapping to hold the radiator to those three bolts that use to hold the shroud on.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
youre either payin $62/run or $33.33/run to dyno it but consider any gad you burn on the dyno and on the trip there...and whats more convenient in your eyes...i might hafta say chicago for the dyno since if it was me id rather have 3 runs on the dyno for less and you seem into it enough to not give a **** about the ride to dyno n tune it

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I trimmed the stock shroud, but now that I have the new radiator I don't use the stock shroud.

Naw the ride doesnt bother me just set the cruise control and turn up the tunes.

·
Banned
17,375 Posts
dont forget you have to pay tolls in chicago

i think you should stay local

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Drive all that way to dyno it, if something happens to the truck, thats a hell of a tow bill. Stay local and lets see what that baby puts out.

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Isn't Great Lakes Dragway still open down by Racine, WI? Dragstrip runs better than dyno because dyno doesn't account for tire spin, shift points, and veh. weight. You'll learn more about your vehicle at the strip.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes thats what I did.

I dont think it is, and if it is I'd be scared of what kind of traction I'd get.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Thats a lot of cash for some dyno runs. We always get group rates from the local dyno here. 3 pulls each for $40 w/ a 5 person minimum

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah but its kinda hard to get a bunch of local F-bodie guys to pull their cars out in the crap weather to see how many hp they have. I think I'll let the pollers decide :D

·
Anybody got 20's?
5,731 Posts
i would go dyno it at which one you would prefer to go to and then keep going to that same one when you decide to go again. different dyno's aren't going to give you the same readings. just like a drag strip you are going to come up with different readings if you go to different dragstrips.

your basically looking at money compared to travel time, and how many runs.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
I didn't vote because in order to make a good decision I would have to know the two shops in question. I would ask around and see if other people have used either shop first. Find out who has a better reputation. If they were both pretty good shops then I would probably take the drive to Chicago for the extra run. But I like taking road trips and I'm a cheap bastard.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol Yes they both have good reputations. The one in chicago is ls1speed.com and hte othe is popular with the old muscle car guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts