S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im shane, i havent even bought an extreme yet, im looking into them now, hopefully going to buy withing a month or so... anyway how quick are the extremes stock (4.3l) and then how quick could they be if ya supercharge them? i have a 94 trans am that runs 14.6-14.8's and i wanna get rid of that not for somethen faster cause thats an 8, just somethen newer. im just curious to see how quick an extreme could be after mods.. thanks, shane

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Just to enlighten you. I'd keep your 94 Trans Am. You have an LT1 which makes more low end power than the high screamin' LS1.

A Reg Cab, 4.3L V6 5Spd runs 16.2's

With a supercharger your lookin' low 14's or high 13's. If you swing over to XtremeOwners.com and ask Brett he has a supercharged X. He also ran those times with the best supercharger for the 4.3L.

I would personally keep your TA if it looks good. You can make that easily a 12 second car. My 4.3 cents.

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its in great shape and i got a great deal on it i no.... its just its almost 8 years old. it still runs great, it still smokes mustangs

i just want a truck

and a sports truck at that.... somethen a little cheaper than a lightning and better on gas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my real question is what will it take to make the Extreme keep up with my Ta?

your right, its a nice car, i just want somethen newer

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Well, if you just want something newer.. get a new Trans Am. Trade in the 94 for like a 98+ LS1.

Otherwise Id look at an R/T. They are alraedy low 14 second trucks. But, if your set on a real fast Xtreme, it depends on the funds.

If you have the funds get an ATI Procharger that Bill Mach sells. You already a low 14 second truck. Otherwise, get 4.10 gears, gen II intake, jba headers ,msd ignition system/wires, HPP+, or JET computers , underdrive pullies. Or, look at ome juice.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I have the perfect X for ya to buy....its just waiting to get a supercharger on it....

http://home.kscable.com/xtremer

it's even featured here this month...what could be a better sales pitch than that!!!:thumbup: :) by the way...this truck eats R/T's...
and spray would make this X whoop your TA...

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
Someting like this.?:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
R/T???

No offense, but if you are talking about a Dakota, those things are heaps of ****. Im not a brand hater-I builtSport Truck Magazine's Quad cab a few years ago. They sure as hll on't run 14's. They run like16.5's(the standard cabs)-and that is a true track time-not a silly assed g-tech computer. I'm not a Chevy freak, just a realist. They are a pretty good looking truck, and they run ok, but a HO4.3 standard cab will smoke a stock R/T any day of the week. They are extrmely sad for a v-8. I'm not trying to piss off any Dakota owners- like I said, I am not brand biased, bt if you are buying a new truck, the Dakota is a bit of a ripoff. There are a lot of guys that say the sae of the Extreme too though.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ha no im open to suggestions, sorry if i sounded rude. i was just hoping to narrow my options down, actually i did look at your truck, (and your backround) i love it (both of them) and for $13g thats a steal. where are you located? also if you can message me on aol at shanezam203 thanks, shane

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
ShaneMcKenna said:
ha no im open to suggestions, sorry if i sounded rude. i was just hoping to narrow my options down, actually i did look at your truck, (and your backround) i love it (both of them) and for $13g thats a steal. where are you located? also if you can message me on aol at shanezam203 thanks, shane
I am located in kansas, south of wichita on the Kansas/Oklahoma border. I do not have aol instant messenger...but you can email me if you like...(and I also like pam lee in the background)

[email protected]

lata..

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
hey john are you the same guy has the ws6 and ferrari and supercharged s10 and bike.

see that sprotruck mag well that dakota with internals and a 150 shot runs 12.8s, thats a joke. without nos thats a low 14 second truck

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
hey john are you the same guy has the ws6 and ferrari and supercharged s10 and bike.

see that sprotruck mag well that dakota with internals and a 150 shot runs 12.8s, thats a joke. without nos thats a low 14 second truck
Are you the same TONY that made another name on this board to make yourself look cool? Are you the same TONY that lied about his engine so he would look cool again? Are you still lieing about your current setup, probably! Do you still live at home and suck your moms taint? Probably!

I never said I had a Ferrari -- obviosly I cant afford one. I HAD a supercharged S10, its called selling a supercharger. I still have the Xtreme -- of course. And, I never said I had a bike. Though I am looking at a 01 YZF600 for my first bike. I wish I could afford a 2002 R6. Im sorry. Did I pop your bubble?

s10, who the fock are you? yes, I have a Ws6, got a problem? Thats why I know what Im talking about for this guy.:bash:

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
No, I didnt see that magazine. I dont magazine race, like you probably do. And those stats are wrong. Ive seen R/T's at the track break 12's with that setup. That was LOW 12's for that matter. Atleast those racers can drive the truck after the track and not claim their truck runs a 11.83! Your motor blew, face it, your a baby that runs juice because your to cheap to buy anything good.

No wonder your never on SSF anymore. Your just full of ****. So if your trying to point out lies that I said, maybe you should check yourself before you accuse other people. If you need any help verifying anything Ive said. Ask Y2K_Xtreme, I talk to him damn near everyday. Peace.

John

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i was just referering to a post on xtremeowners.com same name as yours they posted something that had the same name as your saying stuff. if you are the same person said your coming to sf bay area also and i was like we can go to the street races i was coo with it. but if you are someone different then its my bad

if your aol sn isnt like 060in 4 sec its my bad

let me clear a few thigns up
1) i didnt make up that name
2) s10 01 zq8 is a dick on aol
3) those times with a 150 shot even low 12s on a v8 and internals is sad
4) i was running 125 and 100 shot no problems. posted all times on the net
5) yah i did say i didnt have internals thats my fault i posted this before saying i lied but cat came out of the bag. sucks when you drop something down the intake.

trust me those trucks dont run low 12s on that set up at the track maybe a 200 shot will do it. and also im at sea leve. like i said if that truck was a 6 cyl i would be like sweet but for a v8 with internals and 150 shot and stall running even low 12s not really all that great

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
hey john up top you can also see i wasnt bashing you just askin if you were that guy with the ferrari bike and stuff. never said anything bad and you come all flamin. all you needed to say was i dont have the ferrari or bike that would be good enough lol

hey do you have pics of the rt and the s10 and the car like to check em out.

good luck with the bike

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
one more thing
", your a baby that runs juice because your to cheap to buy anything good. "

uhh so what does that make the dodge that needs 150 shot of nos to dip into the high 12s? thats ok i like nos if you would rather spend 3000 bucks to run low 14s high 13s on the blower be my guest. id rather save the 2000 get nos and spend rest on motor.

bills set up is the way to go though but not all the s10 guys have 3500-4000 to spend. thats why nos is easier for some. some dont like it some do thats on them

later

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
i was just referering to a post on xtremeowners.com same name as yours they posted something that had the same name as your saying stuff. if you are the same person said your coming to sf bay area also and i was like we can go to the street races i was coo with it. but if you are someone different then its my bad

if your aol sn isnt like 060in 4 sec its my bad

let me clear a few thigns up
1) i didnt make up that name
2) s10 01 zq8 is a dick on aol
3) those times with a 150 shot even low 12s on a v8 and internals is sad
4) i was running 125 and 100 shot no problems. posted all times on the net
5) yah i did say i didnt have internals thats my fault i posted this before saying i lied but cat came out of the bag. sucks when you drop something down the intake.

trust me those trucks dont run low 12s on that set up at the track maybe a 200 shot will do it. and also im at sea leve. like i said if that truck was a 6 cyl i would be like sweet but for a v8 with internals and 150 shot and stall running even low 12s not really all that great
I am JOHN fro XO.com, and also Oto60In4Seconds. Thats me. I came here because Y2K is my friend. I was gonna move to SF Bay area for automotive design, cuz I was doing intern work. But I changed my careers. Im going to school for Emergency Medical Services, such as EMT/Firefighter. So, Im staying here. No I dont have a ferari, or R/T.

I have an S10, a WS6 (no pic yet), and im BUYING a 01 USED YZF600, since it will be my first rocket. Later.

John

1 - 20 of 31 Posts