S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Chevy Blazer 4Dr 4x4 with the intermediate ODB system. In 1995 they were transitioning from OBD1 to OBDII, so the model was in-between, so it referred to as a OBD1.5.

Anyways, I need to bleed the Kelsey-Hayes 4WAL. The process is usually called the “system function test.” This process opens the valves and cycles the pump to purge air from the hidden areas of the modulator. I know the GM Tech 1 and Tech 2 can perform this, and I heard a Mastertech? can as well, just don't know what model.

I would love to get a rebuilt 4WAL (or a rebuild kit), but I can't find anything. I think one of the high-pressure accumulators is stuck, but I'm not sure until I perform these 6 tests. Can anyone provide more usual information?

·
Been there Done it
15,748 Posts
AH, yes. The joys of owning a 1995 GM product.
Snap On's Solus I believe will do it with the 1995 cable. Same thing with the Tech 1 and 2. You gotta have the right cable.
That model of the ABS pump wasn't around long so finding them or parts is near impossible 28 years later. Junkyard would be about the only option. Might pop up on eBay once in awhile. If you find one that's been sitting a bit it should still work since it's most likely full of fluid.
You don't by any chance also have the 4.3L Vin W CPI injection? The one with the Vortec Plastic cover on top. Parts for that are getting hard to find, too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 1995 Chevy Blazer 4Dr 4x4 with the intermediate ODB system. In 1995 they were transitioning from OBD1 to OBDII, so the model was in-between, so it referred to as a OBD1.5.

Anyways, I need to bleed the Kelsey-Hayes 4WAL. The process is usually called the “system function test.” This process opens the valves and cycles the pump to purge air from the hidden areas of the modulator. I know the GM Tech 1 and Tech 2 can perform this, and I heard a Mastertech? can as well, just don't know what model.

I would love to get a rebuilt 4WAL (or a rebuild kit), but I can't find anything. I think one of the high-pressure accumulators is stuck, but I'm not sure until I perform these 6 tests. Can anyone provide more usual information?
Foxwell is what I used, modus platform, pretty much any scanner that will access abs system or 4wal system. 4wal =scans all systems as one then breaks them down into sub catagories

1 - 3 of 3 Posts