S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also tell me what year truck it's in, if the radio's been reliable & compatible, sound's good and about the rest of your system-would also like pictures. I'm looking at a new HU, There are too many, so, I thought I'd see what you guys have in your S10's.

:cool:

·
Registered
361 Posts
i have a kenwood excelle in my 02. but the thing with kenwoods only get one if its an "eXcelle" they put out tons of power and very little distortion. I'm more than happy with the last 2 radio's i have had which were both eXcelle. But all other modles that are not excelle expect problems with overheating.

·
It's a Blue thing...
12,413 Posts
I bought an Alpine CDA-9815 for mine.
Got it NIB from ebay in 03, best I've ever messed with and has everything I ever needed and more.
Still works just as it did they day I installed it.
Very powerfull head unit even without an amp. Will make your stock speakers scream but will kill them with time.

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
kenwood excelon KDC-X588. 22w rms x4 channel, has two zone playback, tilt faceplate, subwoofer controls, I'm very happy with this head unit and iPod. its in my 96 jimmy 4 door and sounds amazing. its got like 24 bit converter which makes CD's sound amazing. its going for $219 with all the install stuff from crutchfield rite now, and crutchfield is a good company

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
panasonic cqdfx501u w/remote
98 ex cab

·
DRIVIN A PERVERTABLE
7,017 Posts
i have had:
alpine (3 disc changer)
sony
clarion
jvc
alpine
sony(3 different ones)
jvc
and now a jvc kd-lh300
i like to change out from yr to yr. kinda keep up w/ the current models. i spoiled myself using them as a shop demo.

·
fog it!
487 Posts
i have the pioneer DEH-8600MP it has total controll over the speakers and subwolfers i love it

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had a basic Kenwood H/U cassette/cd changer for about 8 years now and no problems. Add a MTX amp and Image Dynamics 10" sub and Infinity speakers in the dash/doors and you have a very good inexpensive system for a std cab truck. All that for about $800.

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
clarion dxz945mp and a pioneer 640mp i love the clarion cause of all the functions and the pioneer is awesome as well

·
Registered
4,176 Posts

very nice for a sony. I like it alot.

·
Usted huele como un asno
1,197 Posts
i still have the stock cd player in my 00 ls ext cab, with the periphial ipod controller that runs my ipod off the head unit, just because nobody ever steals stock head units and i'm not a fan of the whole loud ass stereo system, in my opinion that went out in 1995. t

1 - 20 of 190 Posts