Plastic
metal
Hair?
Or just wad up some duct tape to plug whatever you want:D:D:D:D:D

BAHAHAHHAHHAHAH

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Plugs dont and wont do anything for power at all. The stock AC's are more than fine. If you were to change them the only ones I would consider are the Bosch +4's, the multi tips will give you better firing when they wear vs. one tips that keep wearing. Ive in the past have tried all plugs and have found very little difference in them, the Split Firs are a very good plug for a 2-cycle, keeps em from fouling out , but didnt do much for the truck. All you are going to do is spend more.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
WHY? Ive been through 20+ yrs off these plugs are better. I have 2 sets that I regrind the tips once and change every 15,000 miles and I also do the gas filter every 15,000. The only people that see gains with plugs are ones whose wore out, me included. Now that for the last 5 yrs. I have been practing this method, Ive tried them all, Splits, +4's, U=Groove and anything else, no different than good clean working AC's. My 2 cycle engines are a little different story, they foul easily and like some of these better, and any 2-cycle plug worth its price are actually sometimes more expensive than these.

See back in the days when I grew up we started all this stuff, we had to. Plugs, wires, coils etc. sucked. If you wanted it to run better you had to do this. Today with all the advances in the way these vechicles are made and emissions, especially the emissions part and etc. All the wires, coils and plugs are made much different and arent bad at all. Why would they even recommend 100,000 miles and still at that time pass emissions, because the stuff aint half bad. This is all a gimmick to take your money. We dont have full blown race engines that get over 6000 rpm's that must use special wires, plugs and coils etc. to keep up voltage. The only difference we can actually use and get something out of is a multi-spark ignition. The rest just need to be kept up. Its your money, choice.

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
964pt3 said:
If you were to change them the only ones I would consider are the Bosch +4's, the multi tips will give you better firing when they wear vs. one tips that keep wearing. Ive in the past have tried all plugs and have found very little difference in them, the Split Firs are a very good plug for a 2-cycle, keeps em from fouling out , but didnt do much for the truck. All you are going to do is spend more.
They're BS too. You have four grounds, but only one electrode, and it's the pubic hair thin platinum that will wear back down into the insulator effectively increasing the gap on all four points and reducing your flame kernal.

like you stated earlier, reg delcos or rapid fires. All this platinum crap is hype. even the delco plats. They're regular plugs w/ platinum discs welded to them. My truck ate two of the discs....

·
Registered
508 Posts
Splitfires rule! Ive been using them for 10 years in 3 cars and trucks. Ive tried others during that time and they sucked. I lost 3mpg when I used the Bosch +4 and the Rapidfires electrodes completely wore out after a year with no performance difference or better idle. After my CPI was replaced the dealership put in AC's and didnt tell me. For a week afterward I had to keep cranking the truck to get it started. They said now I need a new fuel pump. WHen I ssaw there were different plugs I put in a new set of Splits and its been running like a dream.

·
Wir sind allein
72 Posts
Stocks.... no spark will "gain you hp" no ignition will "gain you power" maybe burn the fuel more efficiently.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
I also used the +4's in one of my cars it did help at idle but nothing else power wise. I used one of these as a test plug for a bit and was surprised at the way it worked I didnt expect it to actually work like they said.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts