S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 gmc 4.3 sonoma what i did is took out the stock muffler and whats left is the pre cat then the regular cat it sounds pretty good throaty, but the issue is I need a muffler because theres less back pressure and to get one thing straight less back pressure is not very good one symptom is when the truck shifts into the last gear going around 40-60 mph its automatic tranny by the way it bogs down alot, like if u where to start off from 3rd gear on a stick shift vehicle, u need to give it alot of gas to get out of the bogging state, so it lools like back pressure gives a vehicle some low end mid reange power or torque.

The kind of muffler i want is the throatiest, basically.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Get a Purple Hornie or 2 and route them so they come up through the bed and exit just at the cab roof corners. Also do not paint them, leave them purple.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I used to run a flowmaster 40 and switched to a Thrush Turbo and couldn't be happier. It is not very loud, just a nice low rumble at idle and at cruise. It does wake up though on heavy acceleration. They are rated to flow 30% more than an OEM muffler so you will still have some backpressure. You are the only one who will know what is the right muffler for you, but in my case this muffler works and sounds great and I will never go back to a flowmaster!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts