S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 8 chevy s10 with a 4.3l v6 tbi and want to make the move to a v8 wat mtors can i use with the tbi setup thanks

·
V8ing the Dime
178 Posts
I am guessing 88. I am using a 91 305 tbi out of firebird. wish it was bigger but got supercheapo. You can use any TBI V8 Just have to get computer for that motor and match up your wires, the connectors are the same I just had to extend a couple like the knock sensor and coil wires and change plug on O2 sensor. I believe they had TBI in the fullsize until like 94-95. But good luck and if you have any questions pm me I am doing mine right now and maybe I could help, And good luck on it.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
You can use alot of motors really. Just have to change intake manifold to a TBI style or carb style and use a TBI adapter plate.

I have a 99 Vortec 5.7 for sale in the classifieds :D.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i can use pretty any 350 and just change the intake manifold and get a tbi plate will i be able to use the 350 comp chip still with the different intake just plug play as if it was a tbi motor?

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
so i can use pretty any 350 and just change the intake manifold and get a tbi plate will i be able to use the 350 comp chip still with the different intake just plug play as if it was a tbi motor?
That's the way it was told to me. Brian at TBIchips.com can give your more information on this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts