S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend bought a play truck to fix up. Its a 94 4.3 vortec extened cab s-10. We want to make it pretty quick. What mods in order would you guys do? Please keep in mind were on a small budget, all we have now is a K&N filter. Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
you might want to look at some of the other threads. This topic has been touched on about 100 times, but here goes for the basics:

-I/H/E
-chip
-elec. fan
-thermostat
-3.42 or taller rear gears

Those are the cheap and easy ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I read about gutting the airbox mod but cant find how to do it anywhere? anyone have a link or can just tell me? thanks

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
zmgnole said:
thanks. I read about gutting the airbox mod but cant find how to do it anywhere? anyone have a link or can just tell me? thanks
what i did instead of that was take the air box out completely and slap a K&N cone filter on the MAS. and if you do that mod with a high flow exhaust (flowmaster, ravin, ect) you will not only have a big improvement in performance and fuel economy youll also get a mean sounding 4.3.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just a 3in. K&N cone filter? any kind of adapter need to be made? thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just cut the front off my air box since my K&N filter was fairly new. Also relocated the horn and removed the bracket behind the headlight. I think the electric fan made the biggest difference. Im changing the cat and exaust soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts