S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get about another 1 to 1.5" of drop in the back of my truck with out the ride quality going to schit,
will I need to get some new shox i think because i allready have 3" blocks

my truck looks like a hot rod it needs to be leveld out.

thanks a lot
scott

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Leaf above the override. (override is the flat short leaf at the bottom) heres mine w/ 3" blocks and stock S10 leafs with leaf above over ride removed.

·
14,970 Posts
Correct on puling the leaf above the overload. It should take you about 2 hours to pull them off. 1hours 45 min for the 1st one and 15 min for the next.:D (atleast that's the way mine turned out)

As for the shocks. I would say yes only becasue after i pulled mine I had massive wheel hop. I dunno your case might be diff. i just got a set of zq8 shocks off another member. and it ride's great now.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does it ride like schit with that leaf pulled? i heard from somewhere else that you should pull the overload...... but it looks like you guys have had some good experience with that one

about howmuch drop did that give you?

thanks scott

·
14,970 Posts
Altophobic said:
does it ride like schit with that leaf pulled? i heard from somewhere else that you should pull the overload...... but it looks like you guys have had some good experience with that one

about howmuch drop did that give you?

thanks scott
When you pull that leaf you are creating the zq8 leaf pack.

I asked Tony (98SS on Nos) what would happen if i pulled the bottom leaf and he said all i would gain is the thickness of that leaf 1/4". and also said that that bottom leafs helps to prevent the rest of the leaf's from snapping out from underneath your truck.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the Zq8 leaf pack is just the main leaf and the over load? becuuse im pretty sure i just have 3 leafs the main the middle and the overload... i sure dont want my leafs to snap out from underneath me:rolleyes: what do you call the pins that hold the leaf together (so i would know what to call them at the autoparts store) and what size are they???

I already have 3" blox right now so if i took out the middle leaf and kept the blox too i would need some new shox right, i want it to ride like stock or close as i can to stock

thanks a lot
scott

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
pull the overload a lot more stress on the sping pack. if you have the 4 leaf set up and take the one udner teh logest leaf up top thats like a2 inch drop. i fyou have 3 leafs dont pull anything. you can pull the middle leaf but truck will bottom out really easy

tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts