S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i just got my new Memphis 500D 500 Watt amp in and im in need of a good wiring kit, 8 guage. Any recommendations? By next week i should have my Kicker 12" L7 :)

·
LIL RED ROCKET
602 Posts
i would go with somthing a little bigger.... along the lines of like... 4-2 guage. the bigger wire will help with the power draw from that amp.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
you'll be fine with a 4guage wiring kit..
like x3ero suggested..knukonceptz..very cheap and high quality..but copper is copper right?

·
LIL RED ROCKET
602 Posts
look at the current draw of that amp... why is that so werd?

·
do it....NOOOOWWW!!!
674 Posts
great chart there. the amperage draw goes by the fuses in the amp right? like 3, 20 amp fuses =60 amperage draw??

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
is that an accurate representation of the actual sizes of the gauges?

·
LIL RED ROCKET
602 Posts
i realy wounldn't go by that graph.. it will give you an idea.. its close

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
12,507 Posts
uh...if it can handle 2100 watts of power, shouldnt it have a better fuse than an 80 amp?

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Kmart/Walmart/Meijers etc carry Soche install kits. For a 4 gauge kit with distridution block, 8 gauge runner wires, RCA's, connectors, all that jazz, is about $24. Can't beat it. The RCA's suck, but the wire, connectors, fuse, and block are well worth the $24. And that kit would be large enough for a 500D. Plus it'll be cheaper to get it from one of those stores, look at the shipping on the kits that were listed from Ebay. Sure you can get something simular for $14, but then you pay $13 for shipping.

·
12,507 Posts
right. ok, the Hifonics amp im getting says it needs a 200 amp ANL fuse. its the 1500D Brutus. is that about right for fuse size?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts