S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i was just wondering what kind of supercharger i should go with for my 4.3 and also what kind of muffler that would give me the best performance and sound loud? in a couple of weeks i am putting on headers and cuttin off the cat and then figuring out what kind of muffler i want. but yea, when i do get a supercharger i would definately be adding some internal mods like new heads, cams, etc. so yea, let me hear ur guys' opinions.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hmmmm.... with the supercharger you may want to go with Powerdine (i think that is the name), Vortec, or Mach Performance (I like these guys... they are making quite a bit of stuff for the 4.3... they might make a new intake manifold called the ZZ4.3, you can search the forum for more info on it as well as the turbo kit that they are making http://www.machperformance.com ). I don't know about exaust. A lot of people like the 40 series flowmasters. For headers I hear that the JBA Cat4ward headers rock pretty hard. For the cat you might want to go with a high flow cat, rather than just removing it. Of corse being from washington you may not have to worry about that. I hope that that helped... I just wish I could do it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i know Bill Mach, the owner of Mach Performance, you guys should see his s-10, 98 4.3L ported heads, intercooled vortech, throttlebody.....tons of crap done to it....it really flies.

·
Registered
197 Posts
GMC01sonoma said:
i know Bill Mach, the owner of Mach Performance, you guys should see his s-10, 98 4.3L ported heads, intercooled vortech, throttlebody.....tons of crap done to it....it really flies.

I have an Intercooled ATI Procharger.

·
Registered
213 Posts
thats right bill.......why was i thinking vortech :confused: thats what john has on his truck, what are you doing to johns truck??......i know youre building him a bad ass motor

·
Registered
197 Posts
GMC01sonoma said:
thats right bill.......why was i thinking vortech :confused: thats what john has on his truck, what are you doing to johns truck??......i know youre building him a bad ass motor
We are just warming John's engine over Mach Perf style:D

BTW: who are you?

·
canadacustoms
7 Posts
i got a 98 sonoma that is backed by a vortech charger. I like it a lot. It has a great bang for your buck but the only downfall was that it took me a good month before everything seemed to be set up right. I must have gome through 3 FMU's from vortech before it wouldnt backfire, but now OHHH YEAHH!!!
:headbang:

·
Registered
213 Posts
hey kev your truck sounds bad ass......id like to go with the envoy air-dam and HID setup as well......send me some pix brother.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bill......its IROC Mike's little brother with the blue '01 ZQ8.

·
canadacustoms
7 Posts
OK
I'll get a pic so you can see it

·
Registered
197 Posts
GMC01sonoma said:
Bill......its IROC Mike's little brother with the blue '01 ZQ8.

cool
glad to see you around here...i'm mostly on s-seriesforum.com, see you and your brother around the way.

·
canadacustoms
7 Posts
I dont know what your talkin about me havin a brother?

I dont have a brother?
I live in canada and have a black sonoma?
but am glad to chat with you guys
see ya around!!!!!
:confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
kevin_m_ said:
I dont know what your talkin about me havin a brother?

I dont have a brother?
I live in canada and have a black sonoma?
but am glad to chat with you guys
see ya around!!!!!
:confused:
He was talking to GMC01sonoma! :thumbup:

·
canadacustoms
7 Posts
OOPS

Sorry
LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts