S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock height, P255/50VR-16 wheels, and do the front and back need different spacers.

·
Been there Done it
8,610 Posts
1984 Corvette wheels are +32 offset. Both front and rear. 32mm is 1-1/4", so that's how thick a spacer you need to put the tires in the original position. Not quite as easy to find as 1.5", but they're available. I'm sure the 1.5" would also work.
You might want to consider Camaro or ZQ8 wheels. They come in 16" and have the correct offset. GTA's would also fit, but they are slightly different front to rear. Most guys try to run 4 fronts, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Stock height, P255/50VR-16 wheels, and do the front and back need different spacers.
Corvette wheels generally sit best in the fender wells with 2.5" spacers IMHO I like that snug to the fender lip look.
If you search corvette wheel thread there is a dark grey s10 with 90/92 wheels and it looks great. If I find it I will post it for you.
Found it

·
Been there Done it
8,610 Posts
Later 17" wheeled C4's have more offset than the early 16" ones. They're 18mm more (+56) which is another .70" or almost 3/4". Would need 2-1/4" to center up the tires. 2-1/2" spacers are likely close as you'll find. The Corvette in the picture are 17" 91-92 sawblades which are +56.
I'm currently experimenting with +56mm C5 wheels to see if I can get the extra wide ZR2 rear end under a 2wd. The 2-1/4 offset should put me back to where standard 4wd axle with 0 offset wheels would be. And that has been done a thousand times w/o issue. Don't think I'll be able to lower the truck w/o the outside rubbing the fender lip, tho.
This is rear only. On the front C5 wheels won't go on w/o spacers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts