S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 99 S10 2.2L and my AC compressor is leaking so I'm getting ready to replace it. I'm gonna get one from the local pick n pull so I'll have to add oil myself... The service manual tells me to add 9oz of PAG oil but it doesn't mention the viscosity. The rockauto website seems to indicate that the viscosity would depend on the compressor: PAG46 for Denso Compressor and PAG150 for OE Harrison Compressor. Stupid question: how can I tell which one I have? The label on it says Delphi and it does have a part number 1137010, but is that Denso or Harrison?

·
time to get cereal
5,657 Posts
If you are using a junkyard compressor and hooking it up to your system, it should already have oil in it unless you drained/flushed it all out. There's no way you'd need 9oz of it unless it was totally empty. The only thing I could find on Rockauto is PAG150 for the four seasons compressor for a 99. There's only 1 type of compressor for the 2.2L, the V-7 variable displacement compressor.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are using a junkyard compressor and hooking it up to your system, it should already have oil in it unless you drained/flushed it all out. There's no way you'd need 9oz of it unless it was totally empty. The only thing I could find on Rockauto is PAG150 for the four seasons compressor for a 99. There's only 1 type of compressor for the 2.2L, the V-7 variable displacement compressor.
V7 it is, you're right, the 1137010 part number shows up there:
More Information for GPD 6511394

But then again, when it comes to compressor oil, rockauto shows me these two options:
Rectangle Font Circle Parallel Number

And my plan is to drain whatever is in the compressor and put fresh oil in it. The AC system was already drained so there's nothing there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts