S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 s10 extended cab. I'm new to the whole car audio scene Im only 16) and i want to spend about $750 on 2 12" subs and an amp to power them? any ideas?
thanks!!

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
for that amount of cash, my best recommendation would be a JL stealth box.

cleanest sound for that price and better than no subs. plus still have ext cab space leftover.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Kalgor, I'm in Glendale...what kind of stereo do you have in your truck?

·
Registered
35 Posts
you can get 2 L7 12's for 400 total. some other subs you could look at are jl's, i don't care for them much, just a personal preference, but you could also look at id max, rockford hx2, treo's bottom line sub..i think it's the ts....i'd go with the ss though if i was on a limited budget. for amps you can look at mtx 81000d, jbl1200.1, kicker kx1200.1, cadence a7hc, phd2, concept d1200 or d2400. there's many others as well. email me if you want some other alternatives

·
Registered
99 Posts
2 L7 12s with a jbl bp1200.1 will put you right around the 750 mark(including shipping) and also gives you LOTS of boom.

go to ebay....EBAY IS THE KEY!!!!!!

rockfors power hx2s, audiobahn 1205x, jl audio 12w3, alpine type r, soundstream spl or exact, orion hcca (b stock), infinity perfect, cerwin vega-vega series...just some off the top of my head.

amp wise the hottest thing out right now is the jbl bp1200.1. its cheap (270 + shipping), gives you close to 1400 watts at 14.4 volts, gives off full power at both 1 and 2 ohms whichs means you have a TON of wiring flexibility and its reliable.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to still be able to use both of my 2 back jump seats? any ideas for boxes??
thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
damn, if you want your jump seats then you are definately gonna have to go with a sub that goes in a small sealed enclosure.

if all you're after is a decent amount of bass then you can do a pair of jl audio 12w3s, alpine type Rs, or infinity perfects in 1-1.25 cubic feet each.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts