S-10 Forum banner

What kind of alarm should I get?

885 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Livewire 
#1 ·
I am gonna be getting an alarm for Christmas and have no idea which one I should get.

I think I want a 2-way alarm so I know whats goin on with my truck. Which ones are good? Are they worth the extra money (if there is a difference)? Im kind of scared that I will accidently hit the 'door unlock' button on the remote because some of the remotes work like a half mile away, anyone have this happen to them?

I just want the basic options like keyless entry, and id also like to have enough open channels so I could do pancake up/down when I get bags.

Should I buy an alarm online and have a local place install it or should I just buy it from the place I have install it?

Any other information you wanna give me would be cool too. Thanks everyone!

#6 ·
get the cheapest one you can get, cause none of them will stop anyone from stealing your ride. The only things alarms do is stop people, mostly ammatures, from stealing stuff IN your ride, and anything that makes noise can do that. Bascially, if your worried about someone getting things IN your truck, you have the choice of a $1000 Clifford alarm or a $100 Radio Shack alarm, I would go with Radio Shack.

Now if your worried about someone stealing your whole truck, i would invest in some small switches and some good wire and hide some kill switches in various places. Thats the only thing that will hold up someone looking to jack your ride and not just the things in it.

#9 ·
I just installed a Crimestopper CS-2015FM in a friends car. Its seems pretty decent, 2 way transmitters. Only thing is those remotes are expensive as hell if you have to buy one seperately.

NJTy is right about the alarms tho, if somebody wants your car they will take it. Most alarms have starter kill, but they also have some sort of override, as in the under dash valet switch, so basically you just have to break the igntion and flip the switch and the alarm is disabled.

blacksls00, what was your bad experience with Crimestopper?

#10 ·
Well, my aline only works half the time. I think something is loose down there or something because sometimes its sensitive enough to set off if you fart on it, and sometimes it wont go off if you jump in the bed... sometimes it just doesn't work at all! I am looking at a Viper alarm because I want to start my truck from the remote so I don't have to go freeze my balls off in the morning.

#11 ·
i like crimestopper never had a problem out of any of em and i have 11 friends that have em too and they havent either.. but who really cares what i think.u guys will just knock what i say n e ways

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.