S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles do you get from a tank of gas? My last tank I got 230 miles or 13 MPG!! I'm really pissed off, what should a 4.3 V6 normally pull mileage wise? My friend is pulling close to 310 miles to a tank with a 4.3 V6 5 speed. So what is your MPG?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ya that sucks...literally. I get about what Joe gets. That is if I keep my foot off the pedal and let the cruise control do it's thing.

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is all city winter driving and I'm easy on the throttle 90% of the time! I do have to let it warm up in the morning and after work.

It sucks because in Canada gas is 61.9 cents a liter or $2.75 a gallon. I even hooked it up to the OBD II scanner at work and it all reads fine. I had a motor vac (fuel system de-carbonization) done to the truck. That did give me back lost power and way better throttle response, now it's also supposed to boost fuel economy.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's cold here too. -17c this morning. Gas here 62.9 a liter and that's the cheap stuff. I really don't need to warm up tho because my truck is in a heated garage.

If you look at a map and see where I am, I can drive to Calgary and still have just over a 1/4 tank when I get there. About a 4 hr drive.

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
I get horrible gas milleage. Im getting about 180/tank. I have a pretty heavy foot. I used to get from 220-240/tank. I installed a 160^ thermo, and it dumps way to much fuel in for Minnesota driving. Im sure when I switch my milleage will go back up.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Maybe your mileage has something to do with you letting it warm up before driving it. The more gas you waste while it's idling, when you let it warm up, you're using gas that's not taking you anywhere - thus lower miles per gallon. Mine's been sufffering lately due to the sand bags in the back along with the cold weather. I went from about 240 miles per fillup (around 18 mpg average) to about 210 miles per. Oh well - it'll go back up in the summer.

Jeff

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
well, counting in all my variables ('98 4.3 auto, 3.42 gears, 265/50/r15 tires,Custom intake, MSD 6A Ignition, MSD 8.5MM spark plug wires, Hypertech Power Programmer w/ 160 degree power stat, Helix bore Power Tower throttle body spacer, exhaust, tailgate up, and a heavy ass right foot:evilg: ) i average about 16-18 in the city and 20-22 on the highway:thumbup:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Im getting 14mpg in straight city driving and 28 highway. I was getting 15-16 city until I advanced the timing. Its worth the extra power. Before all my mods I got 12 city/21 highway.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just measured it for me, and I got about 15mpg, which bothers me too. When they do the EPA estimates, do they leave the tailgate down?

·
4,755 Posts
I HAVE A 95 S-10 4.3 WITH A FIVE SPEED AND I AVERAGE 16 MILES PER GALLON AND GO 380 PER TANK OF GAS

·
Eatin Fords-$hittin Mopar
178 Posts
I've got a 2001 S-10 ext. cab with 4.3 V6 with the 5-speed....
This past weekend I got 340 miles out of one tank of gas which is the most ever! Roughly 23 mpg... Typically though it is in the 280-290 range when the low fuel light comes on and around 300 or so when I pull in and fill er up....

City driving and the sand bags in the back don't help it much either in MN.

Any quick mpg improvement suggestions?

-Matt

·
Got Boost?
16 Posts
My ty gets bout 220/250 miles off 1 tank.....
Could be worse, the Avalanche I'm driving now gets right at 10mpg...:bash:

·
loser boy
16 Posts
My 02 xtreme is getting around 340 - 350 miles to a tank. I remind you that is stock city driving and 75% of the time I race from light to light. I REALLY LIKE WHIPPING INPORTS!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I get about 270miles to a tank here around town. Not too good. I dont think Ihave a heavy foot either. lol

X

·
0 Posts
****ty mileage!

Yeah i ahve an extended cab 99 with the 4.3 stock and im only lead footed like 10 percent of the time and i get like 240 mpg thats terrible my dads hummer with the 6.5 liter gas engine gets better than that!!!!!! Whats wrong and how can i improve it?

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I just checked and I'm getting 18 MPG, not bad but a friend of mine with almost the same truck except 5 Speed and Exhaust is getting 26 MPG!! That is unreal, 400 Miles to a tank! Later

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
dude, your mileage is ****t. the truck has a 19 gallon tank. um its not hard math...your doin 12 to the gallon which is horrible. 20-22 if im a good boy. do yourself a favor and a: have the truck tuned up. B: tape a brick to the bottom of the gas pedal so it only go's down an inch..dam that ****ty

1 - 20 of 70 Posts