S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone 👋
Happy Father's day to each of you !
I've been working on my 2000 4dr 2wd SLT GMC Jimmy with the 4.3v6 & Auto Trans. .
So I have been replacing the old Battery cables with AC Delco professional ones & I came across where the Positive cable gets bolted to a "junction box" on the Pass. side and then there is a cable that runs from there , across the bottom of the radiator then goes up to the fuse box on the driver's side .
So does anyone know what the proper & correct name for that cable ? Also does anyone have the AC Delco part number for that cable ?
Here is are a couple of photos that show what I'm talking about .
Also Thank You for any Help you can give me !!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Engineering

Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Been there Done it
14,584 Posts
That cable carries the battery voltage from the 175 Mega fuse to the fuse box. I guess it'd be called the battery fuse cable.
Doubt you'll find a new one. Every 98+ S-series in the junkyards will have one. It's simply a length of IIRC 8 gauge wire with an eyelet crimped on each end. Might be 6ga
What's wrong with you current one? Never seen one damaged.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts