S-10 Forum banner

what is this part called

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  DougE 
#1 ·
Hello! I have a '92 s10 with the 2.5l 4cyl RWD ext. cab, there are two lines that I want to replace because they are cracking and dry-rotting, the you open the hood, they are right on top and are about 1" thick they have silver metal adapter/coupling things that are onepeice with the rubber and I haven't been able to find this specific part online yet, any help would be beneficial. I put a little picture of what I'm talking about. Thanks.
Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Car Auto part

See less See more
#2 ·
Those are you air conditioner lines. If the AC works, leave them alone.

Reactions: xFrosty
#4 ·
Personally, I would wait until the AC starts giving you issues. Having the parts on hand wouldn't be a bad idea though.

#6 ·
They're reinforced with braided material, the outside can suffer quite a bit of deterioration before it can cause an issue. If you don't like the way they look, get some pipe insulation at a home inprovement store and cover 'em. Get the dense stuff, it'll last a lot longer under the hood.

#8 ·
Well I just ordered the part, but now knowing that it’s more appearance, I’ll just keep them in storage so if they ever do fail, I have them, I’ll have to check out getting some insulation to cover them up though, thanks for the info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.