S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to build a slammin 95 ext. cab, and i also want 400-450 horse...i am researchin like a nut and i dont know which is the smarter move.......get the body and wheels and bags done, and then go to the engine, trans, rearend.......or vise versa, power then looks? i simply need to know which offers less manual labour to do the project, which is the best to start with. power, or looks?

keep in mind, no matter what, both will be done, just which comes frist....

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Engine...

Then suspension to hold the extra wieght...

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Engine definitely. Then you can figure out your suspension based on the V8(I'll assume since this is the V8 forum.)

:02redxbla

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 50/50 on it, if you have the money for EVERYTHING you need for the engine, go for the engine, if not, go for looks. As far as work goes, i'm guessing your doing it yourself, so if your good with building engines, trannys and rears, do the engine, if not, do the looks, cause thats all easy. if this is a long term project, go for looks, so atleast it looks nice. but if you want to get it over and done with go with engine then looks so it is runnable sooner.

·
body dropped
4,346 Posts
what came first the chicken or the small block???

I don't think it really matters. Both are time consuming and you end up taking your truck apart numerous times. Pick one, and then complete it. Then do the other. My $0.02

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do the motor first. You won't feel as bad if you scratch the paint around the front of the truck when you are putting the motor in and zipping around the front to hook everything up. You will have less things in the way also. It will also be fun to race people with a stock looking S-10 and then totally waste them. If it looks really nice and is still slow, you will be one of those people that get made fun of in the street racing forum. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
54 Posts
One more thing...Which is more fun, a FAST-LOOKING truck, or a FAST truck. They will look the same from behind the wheel.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do u think girls like better speed or looks? most girls i know describe tires as "those rubber feet things" but they all know what paint is. yes thats right. i am an:ahole:
just kiddin. u have an excellent point. use the engine to hustle people!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Girls like it better when you don't care about you drive. If you want to get girls, leave your truck how it is and spend your money on them.

·
Beaver Scout
32 Posts
Do the engine first. What good is lookin' pretty if it don't go

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
4x4RangerBoy said:
Girls like it better when you don't care about you drive. If you want to get girls, leave your truck how it is and spend your money on them.

huh?

Women are a waste of money! Nothing to show for except an empty wallet... You truly have no clue about women yet do you? :nono:

Get some years on ya, then you'll see like the rest.... Buy your toys and everything you want first, then worry about women later...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts