S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how low can i got and have a level ride without doing a c-notch?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
if you remove the bump stop and brackets i think a 5 inch drop would yeild stock ride quality with minimal bottoming out. hit up 98 SS ON NOS with a PM, he is the suspension guru of the site!

·
not low enough , "best unfinished"
8 Posts
I put a 5-6 drop on my blazer and it bottomed out going over the crack in the driveway. you really need at least 3" of travel for a descent ride. take a tapemeasure and see where 6" would put the axle and frame

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
5 inch at most
here is a pic of my 2.5 notch and i have a 7 inch drop and it rides fine.

oh as for the 7 inch drop its a true drop.

the guy i work with has a 98 s10 and just put the rollpan in back on. hes at 33 inches to top of fenders with teh stock 205 75 15.

thats 9 inch difference.

now with my tires that are 25.7 compared to stock height is 27.1 the difference is 1.5 inches about. so divide that by 2 that give you the drop at fenderlips his fenders would be at with my tires so hes at about 32.. lets say 31 with the bumper. im at 24 with the roll pan. i have at least a 7 inch drop

tony

this is a pic when i pressure sprayed the whole truck before i painted it all underneath

Attachments

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Speakin of c-notches....I just removed my bumpstops and it rides so much better than with them on. But I am still going to notch the frame for future plans ( air bags etc). Now the question is where do I relocate the charcoal canister. There is like no room under there. Not to mention the support underneath it:confused:

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
5 inch at most
here is a pic of my 2.5 notch and i have a 7 inch drop and it rides fine.
What did you use to get the 7" drop? Is it a 7/7 drop? Do you have any pic of the truck? I have 5/5 and its not enough. I want more without bags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts