S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did some searching but didn't come up with anything good. Not sure if i was looking for the wrong thing or what? But i'm looking at running a 26" tire overall in the front i was wonder what all needed moved. Besides the fenders,abs,coolant resivor,and computer. Also will the firewall need tubbed? Or anything i might be overlooking?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
When I was half way through reworking the front end of my truck I threw the snow tires on and they still hit the firewall. They were 215/60R15 for a 25.1" overall diameter. So you will have to be even smaller then that to layout.

Here is a pic I took of it...(Before I cut the drivers side firewall)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
hey dman311w-how far are you from laying out there in that pic just wondering how close you would be to the clutch resivor if you did tub. Do you guys that lay out on 20's move that up or what do you do with it.

dman311w-thats kind of what im doing since i have the down time trying to get my snow tires to fit and still lay out.

·
S10LuvR
105 Posts
Dont mean to whore but kinda on topic...... What is size tire do you run with 20's to lay side skirt?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
ThorRacing01 said:
hey dman311w-how far are you from laying out there in that pic just wondering how close you would be to the clutch resivor if you did tub. Do you guys that lay out on 20's move that up or what do you do with it.

dman311w-thats kind of what im doing since i have the down time trying to get my snow tires to fit and still lay out.
I was just curious when I took that picture and it was about 2" or so from laying out. My firewall is completely tubbed now and I angled the clutch master up and moved the wiring harness to the side. Here is a pretty crappy picture.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what all is involved in moving the wire harness to the side? and also what all did you do to the clutch resivor to get it to sit like that?

what size are your other tires you usully run?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
youll need to lengthen the wires to move it to the side. for the clutch you just weld a section of exhaust tubing into the firewall and angle it up.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I really didn't have to lengthen any wires to move it to the side but that may be because I increased the length of a lot of the wires under the hood to move the relay center forward. Just remember to remove the plastic channel pieces under the dash otherwise it really sucks to move it anywhere. I also removed the circular bracket that was bolted to the wire pass through plate. That little bracket held the bundle of wires at a 90* angle and had to go byebye.

What Avtek said on the clutch master. I believe Avtek did a write up on it if you search for it. I actually made all the triangle pieces (to angle it up) by hand but it does the exact same thing, just not round.

My normal tires are 245/35 R20.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
couldnt you just cut the metal on top of the clutch res. ...than angle it up just a bit ...than weld in filler plates from where you were to where you are now?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
You can't do that. You would bend the shaft of the clutch master. Thing of it like this...

Your hand is the clutch Master Cylinder and your elbow it where it connects to the pedal. You have to keep it in a straight line for it to work. If all you did was cut above the master and angle it in place it would be like bending your wrist up. It doesn't keep the linkage in line. You have to move it up and angle it at the same time to keep everything in line.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
dman311w said:
You can't do that. You would bend the shaft of the clutch master. Thing of it like this...

Your hand is the clutch Master Cylinder and your elbow it where it connects to the pedal. You have to keep it in a straight line for it to work. If all you did was cut above the master and angle it in place it would be like bending your wrist up. It doesn't keep the linkage in line. You have to move it up and angle it at the same time to keep everything in line.
o ok ...so what would you need to do to bend it upwards ??

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
You have to move up A keeping B in line between A and C

A-----B-----------C

This won't work:

A
....\
......B-------------C

Has to be this:

A
...\