S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at wiring diagrams and I keep seeing where it says left or right hush panel. Is a hush panel the kick panels down low on the sides under the dash board?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I just never heard them referred to as Hush panels. I don’t know why they can’t just say dash panel or lower dash panel.

40,282 Posts
It's not a new term, they've been called that for years. Back in the day most cars didn't get them unless they had a higher optioned interior and insulation to help quiet down HVAC and exterior noise, hence the term.

·
time to get cereal
3,209 Posts
Base 98+ don't have them. On most the OBDII port is mounted to the hush panel but the base model has a special bracket instead.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks, I’m looking for the keyless entry box on a 97 Sonoma. I’m swapping the power locks and windows into my 95, I have removed all the wiring and switches already. I can’t find the keyless entry box, maybe there isn’t one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
From my notes....

If you have a strange blue plug taped up under the driver’s side of your dash, this goes to your keyless entry module.

·
Registered Hoosier
4,609 Posts
Base 98+ don't have them. On most the OBDII port is mounted to the hush panel but the base model has a special bracket instead.
I added the right side hush panel on my 2002 base pickup. The power ports are in the hush panel. The connector was taped back in the harness and plugged right in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts