S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a couple of pioneer heads but sadly none match exactly what you are looking at. I have a 5200 in my jeep, i woudlnt' buy it again, but hell i only drive the jeep 5 months a year. I have a 9300 in my blazer, definetly recommend it. I like the controls on it, power isn't bad if your not going to run amps, and it will tune an eq curve to your car truck whatever. i don't know if the 7400 does all that but it probably has 80% of the stuff the 9300 does. Any other brands I"m worthless.

·
2.2 Courtesy of Rascal
165 Posts
The 7400 is a cool deck, The kenwood is pretty sweet. I dont know anything about the other decks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pass on the Fosgate. Get a Pioneer. I put a 7200 in my fathers car, he loves it. I have the 9300, its great. I say go for the 7400 if youre into MP3's or the 4400 if youre not; both great decks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ive got the 7400 and man do i love it. it owns all my friends stupid sony's

·
Registered
208 Posts
9400 is just plain amazing. Disgusting amount of options, 75% of which no one would ever use. The display is big and much more crisp than all the other pioneer decks.

·
The Anti-Mod
265 Posts
I'll just be different and say get a jvc kd-sh909 unit like i did. the lil face tilts up.. so you can cut lines of crack on it i guess ::rollin up a 100 in the straw shape now::

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
Pioneer.... Never by any electrnoics that wal-mart would sell... j/k.

I just bought a Panasonic CQ-DFX972U off ebay. I really like it. The 3 Dot Matrix display is sweet and it plays MP3, which is like having a CD Changer. (10-11 CDs on 1 MP3 CD) The biggest diffrence between it and other MP3 Hu's is the navigation. It has the easiest navigation of folders, sub folders and files. My only beef thus far is that it doesn't read ID3 tags. But I can fix that by renaming the files. I'm just lazy.

Here's a link http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/...2700&id=morephotos&pi=1&i=133DFX972&display=L

wish they had made a din 1/2" model though.

Why not check out the din 1/2" Alpine

http://www.mmxpress.com/alpine/alpine_cda-d853 .htm

they're sweet and you don't have to use a kit. But no Mp3, which is why I passed on it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Diss on pioneer, all their speakers and amps are ****, I agree. However, their failure rate of decks is so low it's seriously disgusting. They make a rock solid deck, and their 8400 and 9400 are really good decks as far as sound quality. Hell, I tested my 9400, it does a solid 6.5V rms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts