S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 3.08 gears in my 94 s10 4.3 vortec. what would be a better gear set?

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
it is an auto or manual? a 3.24 to 3.73 with a limited slip would be a good gear for an auto and an 3.73 to 4.11 with a limited slip would be a good gear for a manual

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a manual, thanks alot :thumbup:

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which one would be better for like a daily driver on the weekdays, but a racer on the week end:D ? about how much would they be and where could i find them?

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
depends on what mods u have done to truck to pick gear. and try jegs or summit on the gear and limited slip it self. u have a 7.5 10 bolt rear end in your truck now. look for a gear that will fit it. 7 5/8 ten bolt is what a camaro have and the 7 5/8 gear will not fit the 7.5 housing

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i looked on jegs and it has a 7 1/2 88- up, but it only says 3.23-up. it also says 28- spline. im sorry i dont know anything when it comes to gear ratio.:uhoh:. plus it put the 7 5/8 in the same category, it doesnt give you a choice.

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok my bad i found a kit on there that has anything i need

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is there anyway to tell what u have?

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it want let me into that page

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is it hard to put them on?

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok well i can find the gear set i want, but i can not find a limited slip differential to fit a s-10, any help out there.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
i have 4.10 gears behind a 94 4L60e, and its a beast off the line..if i can ever get trction. however, it did drop my mpg to 15 on the highway, but it doesnt help that i have a LT4 in it either...lol

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what gear set did you have; a 3.73 would be better for a 4.3 though wouldnt it?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
are you talkin to me? yeah, 3.73 are nice, but combine the LT4 and the 4.10s, and you got some action....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts