S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinda gas are you guys putting in your trucks? Im just wondering if everyone is spoiling their trucks with the super unleaded?? Im going broke! :cry:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i am running 93 with octane boost, 94 when i'm by a sunoco still with octane boost

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
i dont know about you guys but i'm still running at regular gas. it seems to be fine. and did'nt the service manual say it require regular gas. from what i know, you only need the higher octane if you got some hi-po mods like a high compression ratio.

the higher octane is'nt really an option for me cuz it cost about +90 cents per litre where i live.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
well, around my part of cali, the highest octane i can get is 91. i need it cause i am running a HPP III and 160* power stat.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
i thought the only reason ya would really need to run a higher octane is if ya are using the programmer. i run the 87/89 in mine and it runs great. actually i tried to run 93 in it for a month and it seemed to run a lil worse so now i'm back to the 87/89. i guess it the truck just gets used to what ya put in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts