S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would appreciate any imput from all the other 2.2 drivers on what kind of exhaust system i should go with...borla, flowmaster, gibson? I dont want it to sound ricey either. any help would be great...thx

I would also like to know...and i dont want to sound dumb but i am somewhat new to this....what is dumped, what is a turndown... i think i know but im not positive...thx again

·
Registered
217 Posts
i perfer dynomax stuff for 4 bangers i would stay away from flowmaster they seem to be more suited for 8 cyls or for vehicles pushin alot of air throught the exhaust system gibson is good but same thing with them they are more designed for 6 or 8 cyls at least from what ive seen :thumbup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the dynomax put out some deeper tones...i want it to sound a little more tougher than it does...thx again

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
When I had my original 4 banger, I had a Borla setup.. Worked great for me and didn't sound like a fart pipe on an import would.. hehe :D

·
Sportin' the Black and Red
45 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about what exhaust to get.
Is it possible for dual exhaust on a 4 banger and for it to sound good and deep? I hate that rice sound.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
hey fellow 2.2's my exhaust is all custom.. starts with a custom crossover pipe coming from the manifold then to a high flow cat, then is directly conected to a 32"glass pack, then a short piece of pipe that is directed to come out right behind the front leaf hanger on the passenger side, then is shot down on an angle with a chrome slashed tip, flush with the outside on the lower bed fender, made to clear the ground when bag install is done. the sound of the exhaust is really trick. if u want to hear a wav. file of it just give me a halla at [email protected]

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I have a full catback exhaust, soon to be with a high flow catalytic convertor.....anyways, its a cherry bomb vortex muffler, gives a slightly gruffer flomaster tone, real clean but deep, and not ricey at all. single inlet, dual outlet with chrome tips curved down right behind the rollpan, looks nice, sounds nice, and I noticed a little bit of an improvement in gas mileage

Caleb

·
XA FOUNDER!
40 Posts
my personal favorite is magnaflow... I have it on mine and it purs like a kitten and doesn't sound ricey at all. it's backed by a lifetime warranty not a 1 year like flowmaster and it's just as good, but cheaper. they're pretty much the exact same thing except it doesn't have flowmasters name. which is more important, the name or the lifetime warranty and a cheaper price...
Thought so. but I've actually heard good things about all this stuff so it's completely your choice. my 2.2L sounds almost like the 4.3L with it on there, of course I've also got a hotshot intake helping my sound, so I'm a little bit of a cheater.
J

P

·
0 Posts
I have my Gibson and it doesnt sound ricey
I like it a lot but I have heard Dyno Max's and they sound nice
A turndown tip turns the end of the exhaust pipe down so it doesnt stick out the back or side and dumped is I dont know

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
i got a flow master on my 2.5 and it doesnt sound ricey but sounds liek it actually has something under the hood

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
phat96 said:
I have my Gibson and it doesnt sound ricey
I like it a lot but I have heard Dyno Max's and they sound nice
A turndown tip turns the end of the exhaust pipe down so it doesnt stick out the back or side and dumped is I dont know
Gibson here too... i like it a lot, i haven't had the chance to compare sounds with other systems, not too ricey, but i think with a 4 banger at certain rpms you're always gonna get some riceyness.

·
Half Deaf at 140dB
108 Posts
I just put on my flowmaster 40 series, and it sounds mean. At idle it sounds like my dad's 350 V8 (stock suburban) On take off, it still sounds mean.

just my 2 cents.

brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts