S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the inlet/outlet size on the factory muffler with 4.3?
What size and configuration exhaust do you run on your truck? How dose it sound? Performace? MPG?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The factory muffler is a 2 1/2 in and 2 1/4 out. I'm running a custom 2 inch to 3 inch y-pipe, Random Tech cat, and short 3 inch midpipe with a super turbo muffler and downturn. Power is good at all rpm's, mpg with all my mods are averaging 23 mpg. Loud, well lets just say I need a new stereo if I want to hear music.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Right now Im running a single in / dual out Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow. Its a 2.5" in, dual 2.25" out. On the 4.3L it sounds awesome...:evilg: Never heard one on the 2.2L. There was definately HP improvement, But Im expecting more after I get my headers. Not too sure on MPG, cause I dont may much attention to that.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i got a flowmaster 50 series 2.5 in and 3 out dumped over the axle, i love my 50 series, its not all loud and obnaxious like our fellow ricers, with my k&n gen 2 intake, the sound combo from the both, well it sounds bad ass, not all high pitched, its a low rumble! xtreme21

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
peeps this, my exhaust is custom worked......

ok startin from the manifold there is custom "snake pipe" or as its really called the cross pipe, going to a high flow cat. from there its connected to a 33" glass pack and the there is a short pipe that comes through the front leaf hanger, that way i wouldnt have to cut any pipe for bag setup. then a flared chrome tip thats angled down to the ground.... let me tell ya it is awsome. sounds very good, and it does not come past the very edge of the lower bed. and still has all the clearence that it needs for the bags. even when it lays frame

tell me what ya think, oh and also i have found a way to record the exhaust notes and post them here, tomorrow

peace, steve

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
40 series flow...2.5 in/out dumped:evilg:

wicked!!! and I'm working on getting some headers soon too

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
got the same as 01zq8.

flowmaster 40 delta flow, series 2.5" offset inlet, dual 2.25" outlet. as for pipes, duals from the muffler and exit under the rear bumper, via 3"X12" slash cut chrome tips. give it a try you wont regret it.

i recomend getting the delta flow option though, it keep the interior noise/viberation low.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
Right now Im running a single in / dual out Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow. Its a 2.5" in, dual 2.25" out. On the 4.3L it sounds awesome...:evilg: Never heard one on the 2.2L. There was definately HP improvement, But Im expecting more after I get my headers. Not too sure on MPG, cause I dont may much attention to that.
same as him. only non-delta flow:thumbup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dynomax

UltraFlo stainless steel catback. 2.5in/out with 3in dia. stainless tip. Too damn loud.

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thnaks for all the replies! I'm thinking 40 series flowmaster, delta or non-delta, or else Magnaflow.

I want to have slash cut side exiting tips in front of the passenger side wheel well, any body have this set up? Here is an pic of what I want!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
flowmaster deltaflow 40 2.5 in/out dumped out stock exhaust spot, aounds sweet and noticable improvement across the power band

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Thnaks for all the replies! I'm thinking 40 series flowmaster, delta or non-delta, or else Magnaflow.

I want to have slash cut side exiting tips in front of the passenger side wheel well, any body have this set up? Here is an pic of what I want!
might be a bit tough to do, cus your muffler sits right where you want to exit (in the picture). you might have to relocate your muffler further forward if you can. or you can use a muffler off a c5 (new vette). it's got one inlet and two outlet on the same end of the muffler. ive seen a pic of this install with dual rectangular camaro tips comming out the side. looks good.

:thumbup:

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just bumping it up to see If anybody new can contribute.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
JBA headers,stock Y pipe w/pre cats removed,reworked cat 3" out
3" cat back w/flowmaster. sounds great,runs awesome,good
MPG:thumbup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ravin 33 class single in dual 2 1/2 out the factory location

·
'Bagged Super Sport
43 Posts
Too big?

I got a Flowmaster 40 series muffler stting in my truck waiting to be mounted. Its got a 3 inch inlet and dual 2.5 outlets. U guys think the inlet and/or outlets are too big? I dont think the 3 inch inlet will create enuf backpressure. Any thoughts? Anyone running this? Thanx in advance.:thumbup:

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Too Big

Thats a bit to much. Try a 2.5 or 3" single cat back, You will be
very happy with the performance. I have a 3" it sounds good
and runs good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts