S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so far on my belltech lowered (4/5) S-10 i have put on a gibson exhaust, msd ignition with blaster coil, ngk platinum spark plugs, flex-a-lite fan, jba headers, k&n gen. 2 intake, jet chip, jet shift improvemnet kit, tb spacers, and underdrive pulleys. i have a vortec 4.3 V-6 engine. i can't put on a mass air flow sensor since mines all one unit and superchargin' is too expensive for me at the moment. i dont want to ruin my engine with nitrous. any other mods anyone else can think of while being reasonable?...thanks for reading.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
What is your time in a quarter miles with all of these modifications
???? I do 15'80 with almost these mod. But without the electric fan and MSD-6A and headers and jet chips. You maybe is doing 15'50 right????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can reach 15.35 since i have lighter than stock rims and zr rated nitto tires. also i took off my spare tire and rear seats to lose some weight. oh yea, and i took off my tailgate when i drag with a tourneau cover so the wind doeasn't pool up in the bed.
 

·
Dimeraider
Joined
·
33 Posts
Well you could add a cam from Edelbrock, Comp Cams, Crane Cams, etc., get a new timing chain from Edelbrock, try one of those Tornados (heard good things about them and others that say they don't work), etc.
 

·
SS turbo
Joined
·
569 Posts
i hear that a new- larger ypipe will work well for you. and cheaper than the headers were. id go for that next
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,257 Posts
TORNADO=CRAP Do not put on a tornado, you will lose power and not gain MPG.
 

·
The Anti-Hick
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Next up on the to-do list:


Port the intake, heads, and an aftermarket camshaft....
 

·
back in the game again
Joined
·
1,599 Posts
AAPPS said:
Next up on the to-do list:


Port the intake, heads, and an aftermarket camshaft....
+1... screw porting the stock intake and heads though. Get an edelbrock 2114 and a set of 96+ Vortec heads, have everthing gasket matched and a light pnp, put a nice cam/valvetrain package in it and you should see quite a nice gain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Is ur S-10 manual or auto and x-cab or regular cab? what was ur quarter mile time stock? Did the chip you put in actually do anything (I hear the hypertech's have very good performance gains but I dont know about that)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
CapmCatastrophy said:
+1... screw porting the stock intake and heads though. Get an edelbrock 2114 and a set of 96+ Vortec heads, have everthing gasket matched and a light pnp, put a nice cam/valvetrain package in it and you should see quite a nice gain.
Why would you use the 96 up heads ? If he has the 95 4.3 CPI Vortec they are better heads at least where it counts most as in hp ratings. Starting in 96 the 2wd 4.3 were rated at 180 hp ?
 

·
Got Fuel Rails?
Joined
·
4,539 Posts
Jetmeck said:
Why would you use the 96 up heads ? If he has the 95 4.3 CPI Vortec they are better heads at least where it counts most as in hp ratings. Starting in 96 the 2wd 4.3 were rated at 180 hp ?
The '96 up heads flow much better than any of the '95 down heads. Even ported cpi heads flow worse than '96 up heads stock. The reason the cpi made so much power was the cam that they put in it.

And this is a really old thread. The original poster hasen't been on since 2002 :rotf:
 

·
back in the game again
Joined
·
1,599 Posts
rat said:
The '96 up heads flow much better than any of the '95 down heads. Even ported cpi heads flow worse than '96 up heads stock. The reason the cpi made so much power was the cam that they put in it.

And this is a really old thread. The original poster hasen't been on since 2002 :rotf:
:haha: I just looked at teh original post date

but...the difference in the CPI is the cam, not the heads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
CapmCatastrophy said:
:haha: I just looked at teh original post date

but...the difference in the CPI is the cam, not the heads.
Please explain why ported 95 heads would still be outflowed by out of the box 96 up heads ?
 

·
Got Fuel Rails?
Joined
·
4,539 Posts

·
Got Fuel Rails?
Joined
·
4,539 Posts
Jetmeck said:
K, thanks. What kind of results did your comp cam yield ?
Don't know i haven't had it to the track.

That being said, i like it, but wish i had gone a little more agressive. It improved my fuel ecnomy. Has a good idle, and rev's up to redline easier than stock. It is very similar to the cpi cam, except it is a dual patern where the cpi cam has the same duration on intake and exhaust.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top