·
LS10
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd gen RCSB stepside
Iron 5.3L
4L60e
8.8 Rear

I stopped by the scales last night and the truck weighed 3520 without. It has a bedliner in it, a spare tire laying in the bed and with the N2O stuff installed but not wired up. This truck is a fat pig. With me in it 3700lbs. I couldn't get a picture because of the lighting.

I just wondered how mine compares to everyone's truck or blazer. Post em up if you know.

·
lq4 s10
663 Posts
86 rclb with plastic bed liner, no spare tire, 2.8, 700r4 and 7.5 different 2900lbs.
Currently - liner, no spare, iron block aluminum head 6.0, 4l80e and ford 8.8, 3100lbs.
Next week swapping stock rep bumper for blazer bumper. Hope to drop a couple more lbs.

·
the youngest has been
4,358 Posts
X cab zr2
heavy steelwheels with 31's
iron block 5.3

4640 on the scrap scales. Full tank of gas. No driver.

·
LS10
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, first gens is where its at to have a light truck!

·
LS1 powa!
2,156 Posts
2nd gen RCSB stepside
Iron 5.3L
4L60e
8.8 Rear

I stopped by the scales last night and the truck weighed 3520 without. It has a bedliner in it, a spare tire laying in the bed and with the N2O stuff installed but not wired up. This truck is a fat pig. With me in it 3700lbs. I couldn't get a picture because of the lighting.

I just wondered how mine compares to everyone's truck or blazer. Post em up if you know.
Crap, I hate to see what mine weighs now. I was hoping for around 3600-3700, but after seeing that... nope.

·
LS10
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know why mine is so heavy. I think part of it is the stepside. The only thing I can think is I did no weight reduction. I removed the spare, jack and AC stuff and that's it. BUT added an iron 5.3, bigger drive shaft, 8.8 rear, added N2O, went to 17" wheels with 275's, dual 3" exhaust, and a few other small things. I could loose a few pounds to help too.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i wanted a first gen but couldnt pass my truck for $800. I still watch craigs list for a 1st gen with a good body and paint that i can steal.

i HOPE to get mine down to 3200 with my 235 lb ass inside. so far i've lost the ABS, power steering, the PCM, smaller overflow bottle, all ac components, trimmed the inner fenders, bucket seats and hope to do a full manual rack when i install the cage and trim the crossmember. I will probably move to manual brakes too to get that booster out of there. i also need to remove the air bag...i'm being careful to not make the truck look hacked up. i will not do anything to lose the stock appearance. oh, i spent the extra money for a LS2 over a LQ9 for the weight. tubular uppers and lowers with coilovers was a decent weight loss too.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I thought stepside beds were ~50# lighter?

1994 RCSB Iron 5.3 w/ A/C Parts /4L60E 8.5" 3400# w/ me in it. It has probably
150# of stereo equipment in it.

·
LS10
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i wanted a first gen but couldnt pass my truck for $800. I still watch craigs list for a 1st gen with a good body and paint that i can steal.

i HOPE to get mine down to 3200 with my 235 lb ass inside. so far i've lost the ABS, power steering, the PCM, smaller overflow bottle, all ac components, trimmed the inner fenders, bucket seats and hope to do a full manual rack when i install the cage and trim the crossmember. I will probably move to manual brakes too to get that booster out of there. i also need to remove the air bag...i'm being careful to not make the truck look hacked up. i will not do anything to lose the stock appearance. oh, i spent the extra money for a LS2 over a LQ9 for the weight. tubular uppers and lowers with coilovers was a decent weight loss too.

I would be happy with 3200#'s. I could lose weight or make more power but I prob wont do either one. :(

·
LS10
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did mine at the local feed scales.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
my local scrap yard has drive on scales. Thats where i got my readings. Im not even sure if my local 1/4 mile has scales.
Your local 1/4, has to be my local 1/4, and they definitely have scales. Most of the "Truck stop" QT's also have scales, but they charge.

·
Fabricator
127 Posts
5150 without me in it...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts