S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SVT Cobra Moderator
16,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just checked my rpo codes and it says i have this L43 _ ENGINE , "FLEXIBLE FUEL, (GAS/ALC), 4 CYL, 2.2L, MFI"
whats flexible fuel and i did a thing at kelly blue book and it diffrent from 2.2 so whats up with this

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Flex Fuel is that special stuff that burns with lower emissions. I dont even know where you can find the stuff, but your engine can burn it without any problems. It doesnt offer any other benefits that I know of other than lower emissions..

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think You can put E85 in Your tank. It is something like 15%gasoline, 85%alcohol. In midwest (Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois...) it is extracted from corn. Buying this helps corn farmers and being more indepentent from oil imports.
www.e85fuel.com
Later

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Like I said, it burns differently to produce lower emissions, so I doubt it would produce any more power or any other added benifits. It was just done for the EPA freaks and possibly for industies like Krzysiek said, if e85 is a flex fuel..

·
Registered
35 Posts
It was done because GM gets tax breaks for selling flex fuel vehicles regardless of weather or not you can actually use them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts