S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sik-98
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was putting on my tb from a grand-am and i noticed that i have an extra hose line/ vaccum line with no where to connect it to. when my truck is on i tryed plugging it and un plugging it with a plug and there was no diff in how the truck ran. the hose goes into a T and then into the drivers fender. currently i have it disconnected and un plugged and my truck seems to be running very well and faster, YES faster. not fast, lol but faster. plus it sounds a little deeper too. does anyone know what this is for?

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
looks like a vacuum line

·
LS6 swap in progress.
1999 LS6 Sonoma on C5 Brakes
301 Posts
LOW-LIFE said:
just an extra vacume hose just plug it off.

so teh grabd am tb bolts up and works on the 2.2?
usually quad-4 TBs bolt right up (vacuum config is slightly different). there are a mess of threads dedicated to this, i also put up some info on my cardomain site for the TB upgrade.

·
Sik-98
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i will plug it off, and 2.2L sonoma is right, theres a bunch of threads and its a better mod than i thought too:)

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
OR buy tconnector from auto zone and plug it in

·
Registered
222 Posts
i think that lines goes to a plastic bottle the holds vac for you acc inside your truck. with your truck running turn it from hot to cold on the dash and see how long it takes to go from one to another

·
Sik-98
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Badarse98sdime--OR buy tconnector from auto zone and plug it inwhere can i plug it into? another line?

goodwrench79--i think that lines goes to a plastic bottle the holds vac for you acc inside your truck. with your truck running turn it from hot to cold on the dash and see how long it takes to go from one to another
i think i should be ok cause i never use my ac, right?

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
chevyDime98 said:
Badarse98sdime--OR buy tconnector from auto zone and plug it inwhere can i plug it into? another line?
ok u have 2 outlet of vacuum from TB, u put 2 hose comin out from them, thus 2 hosin from TB and 1 from vacuum. T connecter, bottom for vacuum, the T side from TB vacuum, make sense?

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Oh that is sweet, I never knew that shit would bolt up. Guess I'll have to steal one from work now. w00t.

·
Sik-98
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Badarse98sdime said:
ok u have 2 outlet of vacuum from TB, u put 2 hose comin out from them, thus 2 hosin from TB and 1 from vacuum. T connecter, bottom for vacuum, the T side from TB vacuum, make sense?
ya, theres another spot to tie into on the tb. its plug looks the same as the one im pointing to in the pic, its just the other one im not pointing to lol make sense?? im gonna use that one. thanks Badarse98sdime:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts