S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
It is a manafold air pressure sensor. Pretty much it just measures how much vacume your engine is pulling. The computer uses this information to adjust fuel and spark.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Ok there should be 3 wires 1 ground 1 5volt 1 return signal. (at least on the older ones) If you run a multimeter from a body ground and return signal you should see fluctuating voltage from 5 volts on down with engine running and hitting the throttle a little.

I am not sure if the pinout is the same on the newer tucks but the middle pin is the return signal on the older ones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
how can you tell if it bad
hey now a shout from out west.want to know conditions before
you fixed it. I'm having rough accl. & idle. ('89 4.3 TBI) feels like running out of gas.Fuel filter, ign mod, cap rotor, usual stuff?
Any help appreciated

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Check all your vacuum lines. Look carefuly. I had onr going to the map that was split right where it hooks to the sensor but could not see it until I bent the hose over.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts

·
SILENCE! I KILL U!
546 Posts
if you blip the trottle real quick from idle, the engine will bog down, this happens the most when the vac line going to it is clogged or cut open. using a volt meter should give you some answers.

·
King Turd Polisher
559 Posts
Throttle position sensor, perhaps? (You can test them with a voltmeter.)

Also, are you getting a Check Engine Light (CEL)? Or have you tried to pull the diagnostic codes yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 0-3 4.3L eng and am having problem with MAP sensor voltage on volts test eng. running volts should go up when eng. is revved but mine volts go down.what gives

·
Registered
2,599 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is why I changd back ver to a carburetor,,just too many issues with all these electronics.....forever failing and causing poor drivability issues,,,

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts