S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a billet antenna at a local autoparts store, I thought it would look different on the truck but what do you guys think?

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kms are in the garage getting a 'deep' cleaning..Im trying to get all the ozidation off them and then give the zoop seal a shot..this living near the beach is hell on those wheels..

Ya'll will prolly shoot me but its an APC antenna, it was only like ten bux, i figured it would do till i get ready to start shaving stuff

·
Landmine Carburetor
1,476 Posts
I had an APC antenna for like 4 years on my old s10, it started to rust after about 3, but a little wheel polish took it right off. But then some bastard stole the freaking thing. Ghetto A-holes...

·
Hick
50 Posts
Looks pretty good. I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. I heard they have trouble picking up AM stations; any truth to this? Because I listen to Sports Talk Radio most of the time which happends to be an AM radio station.

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
i had one on my blazer, i paid 10 bux for it, i was chillin with a friend of mine and sold it to a ricer for 20 bux.....

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cod said:
Looks pretty good. I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. I heard they have trouble picking up AM stations; any truth to this? Because I listen to Sports Talk Radio most of the time which happends to be an AM radio station.
I dunno, I never listen to am...Fm reception seems to be about the same..

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
How does aluminum rust? or are the APC antennas not aluminum?

I know mines billet...I have np problems with FM reception...I'll try some AM stations for you today to see if they come in clear or not...I'll use my moms blazer (stock antenna) as comparison..

·
Hick
50 Posts
BlueBlaster01 said:
I know mines billet...I have np problems with FM reception...I'll try some AM stations for you today to see if they come in clear or not...I'll use my moms blazer (stock antenna) as comparison..
Thanks a lot bro.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
94badazz said:
i had the same one but i liked it better shaved!
Thanks for all the compliments..

Yea its gonna get shaved, im just trying to get everything together and do it all the same time, so i can get the whole truck painted. Roll pan, bed cover, mirrors, door handles, envoy bumper, then i'll shave the tailgate handle, antenna, and maybe shave the 3rd brake light and just use a little led strip

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
i got one from discount auto looks similar to that.....not bad for 10 bux till i shave it...

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
orangesonoma said:
it would look alot better if you truck was sittin on the ground with some nice billet wheels stuffed under it....but hey its nice...
look in my sig then....

However, the billet antenna is like mirrors and a rollpan, world of difference!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts