S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: i have a 1995 s-10 x-cab no mod's yet. The other day i was driving home from work and i hit a bump my back end jump's up and then BAM...... my drive shaft had fallen off. I tow it to a shop then they tell me that my shaft bent so i pay 200 buck's for a new one but now when im driving and i hit 30 mph it start's to make this noise like if im dragging a chain it's loud and it goe's away at 45 mph and during that time i loose alot of hp.
B-4 that had happend i was doing low 19 high 18's in the 1/4 now my best is 20 sec (i think im the slowest car out there):(.
but any way's i was wondering what you guy's might think it is
thank's in advance.
RUDY-

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Check the fluid in your tranny. If the drive shaft came out of it when it droped it could have lost quite a bit and possably wasnt refilled when the new shaft was put in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since that happend it also had this thing.......that if it's hot out side and i drive around for like say 45 min my clutch start's to squeek and get's really hard im not sure what that is also. I dont really know if that has anything to do with the drive shft but it all happend around the same time so i think so.
thank's in advance
RUDY-

·
Med School member
179 Posts
Could be the drive shaft being out of balance

I know I'm making an appt to the dealer due to several things going wrong.
1) Air bag light coming on and off
2) Starting problems (see post)
3) Buzzin/chain dragging sound in 4th gear
4) vibration around 75-80 mph
5) door molding leaking

I'm sure I'll think of others

Good luck

is your truck still under warranty?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No my truck is not under warrantyanymore:( but I am taking my truck to the shop on sat. I would have taken it today, but i just put in some 40 series flowmaster with a down pipe it's not 2 loud yet but i heard that they have to brake-in or something or other so cant wait. Well thank's for all your help I will let him know what I think it is and i will keep you posted.

Another question would a 98 pontiac formula rearend fit on to my truck???.......my very good friend said if it fit's i can have his( he wrecked his car ) just thought i should ask thank's again.
RUDY-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts