1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Curious what you guys think about this:

HU - yet to be determined, most likely the Pioneer DEH-9400

Front - CDT Classic 6.5" components

Rear - CDT Classic coaxials (run off HU just for some rear fill)

Subs - Elemental Designs 12K series subwoofers, two of them, in a ported box

Front amp - DEI 2400 (90w x 2 rms i believe)

Sub amp - DEI 1100d (1000w x 1 rms)

:twiggss:

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
never heard of CTD, but i think that should be plenty of power for tue subs (unless im getting their letter designations backwards). why not go with an Alpine HU?

·
Registered
346 Posts
CDT is a company in europe, I'm not sure of their quality but http://www.thezeb.com sells them and usually has special deals on them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
go alpine all the way for a hu! i got the cda 9815 and it all i will EVER need in a hu. the type of box you use(ported or sealed) totally depends on what kind of music you listen to and what subs and amp. sounds like you got good subs and an amp goin on but i have figured out that the box is by far the most important thing of the system!!!!! if you want some good box ideas let me know i build custom boxes all day long.

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
what you could bro, if you only have a 2 channel amp for the highs...just brigde your front speakers to the L channel and your rear channels to the R channel, you'll lose fade but at 2ohm stereo you'd be getting good power to all 4 of your highs :)

·
CURL UP AND DIE
357 Posts
for sure alpine head unit. i have the same deck as stereo-joey....the parametric rawks on that son bitch... it does the trick on my alpine type R high end and the 8000's for real. Ant

·
FELLOW S-10 ENTHUSIAST
940 Posts
Not sure whether you have a s-10/15 or a blazer/jimmy, but if I were you, I would leave out the speakers for rear fill...I had many systems in my 98, and have a small system in my 03, and a good set of component seperates will fill the cab with sound, eliminating the need for rear fill. As far as the HU is concerned, I am more partial to Alpine as well, but Pioneers are great too. As far as the rest of your equiptment is concerned, I have heard that the CDT stuff is pretty good, and there are good deals on them everywhere. The DEI amps are pretty good too, but you might have a little too much power for those subs as they handle 150 wRms each. The only thing I have a gripe about it the subs. They recommend 1.5 cu. ft. ported for each sub...when you take in displacement for the port and the sub, you are talking about a box that is 4 cu. ft...that is huge! If I were you, I would get something like a single IDQ.V2 15" sub in a sealed box. It requires 1.85 cu. ft and you would only need a DEI 600d. Should provide you with a solid bottom end, and a little money left in your pocket. ;)

·
FELLOW S-10 ENTHUSIAST
940 Posts
P.S. I had 2 - 15" Image Dynamic IDQ.V1's in my S-10 with only 120 watts each coming from the rear 4 channels bridged on an a/d/s p840.2...AND IT SLAMMED. I can't imagine with 1 - 15" IDQ.V2 would do with 600watts, whether it be sealed or vented...Also, if vented is what you decide on, make sure you do a slot port, they sound a ton better.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, this stuff will be going in an 04 blazer x..so i need a little rear fill ( i like a little anyways )

i dont do alpine..

slamminchevy - that's a horrible idea.....I dont want to amp my rear fill, the pioneer deck will put out plenty of clean power to get them moving....i dont want them as loud as the comps....

isupike - i have no clue who told you the ED12K's only take 150wrms :lol: but you were lied to....the OWNER of eD suggested 500wrms in a ported application....They do make a cheaper sub, that's just that, made to be cheap that's the Kx series, which is probably what you're talking about....I currently have a single E12k in a 0.7cu ft BEFORE sub displacement and feeding it 765wrms all day long, and it loves it :)

·
FELLOW S-10 ENTHUSIAST
940 Posts
Sorry man, I was lookin at the specs on the ED12Kx's...Just looked at the specs on the ED12K. RMS power handling is 450 watts (so says their website) in a ported box, 350 wRMS if sealed. They recommend 1.5 cu. ft. for a ported box, so again, each sub is going to be in a 2 cu. ft. box (when taking driver and displacement into consideration). The Q-Factor of this sub is a little higher than most 12's (Qts 0.41), so in the box you have now, you are probably losing some bottom end. I am sure you will be happy with two of these in your Blazer X, if you don't mind giving up half of the space in the back.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SMNW2003 said:
dont forget your sound deadner :D
I doubt i'll mess with that too much....far too messy and a PITA...Although I'm sure a blazer is a bit easier to sound deaden than a trans am ;)

I didn't ask for advice, i asked for opinions ;)

The OWNER of elemental designs told me to run 500wrms to the 12's ported....so i'll take his word on it ;)

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
isupike said:
They recommend 1.5 cu. ft. for a ported box, so again, each sub is going to be in a 2 cu. ft. box (when taking driver and displacement into consideration).
What size port are you suggesting?!?!? Even with a 4 inch port tuned to 30 hz and the sub displacement his box will still only need to be 1.66 ft^3 total.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea i forgot about sound deadening....I'll probably do the whole rear, and pick out the rattles once shit's put back together.....

I did some SD on my trans am, and it was a PITA cuz of all the weird angles and what not......I'll take a lot more car in setting up the system and whatnot in the blazer.....

haven't decided which way im gonna face the subs yet.......towards the hatch is the most common.....but, i might try towards the roof to cut down on rattles in the rear....its worth a shot after all....i seriously doubt there will be any lack of bass no matter how i aim them ;)

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
i deadened my blazer, just from the sheer amount of freakin plastic panels it was a great time lol.

still have the doors to do and maybe roof if I decide too

1 - 19 of 19 Posts