S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed up the X today and noticed how bad the hood and windshield is getting from the highway driving. I'm thinking about that bugshield thing that goes on the front of the hood. Would it look ok on an X? And also, does it work/help at all? Thanks for the help......

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
personally, i dont really like those bugsield. i think it makes the truck look like a work truck.

how bout using one of those hood bra? you can put it on when you drive on the feeway, then take it off on the weekend when you wanna show off your truck.

....just my opinion.

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
yea..thats what i was thinkin of doin villa....i am gonna..g.et my truck painted this summer...and..i am gonna get a bra to go across the front while i'm on the freeway...and when im not..take it off...wheni am cruizing around town
later
Kenny

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Those bug shields really are hard on the paint and metal of your hood. Debris gets behind them and causes the metal to rust and the paint gets all scratched up because they do flex and move at highway speeds. They do work but I would stay clear of them. The bra is a much better option. But don't get a cheap one cause they will scratch your paint too.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i personally dont like bugshields...i'd repaint the truck before i put one on mine :)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well what companies make those bra's that your all talking about? Cause i didnt know they made the bra for the X....

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
i was talking bout getting just the hood piece. i dont think anybody makes a bra for the whole front end of an xtreme.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Drop the bra, drop the bugshield. You can buy a transparent vinyl sticker (that's cheaper, and it doesn't show!) that will do a great job of saving your paint!

·
RIP Grant
217 Posts
Just say no to bugshields.......I think they make the x go from a show looking truck to something that just a regular person drives but thats just my opinion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts