S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1999 S10 Xtreme
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut fabricated up a blower box.. I took AvTekks pics and created this.. and i was hoping it would turn out alright... it all bolts up also.. just need to drill holes.. clean it up.. seal it all. and paint it.. then mount it.. But for me not knowing to much about metal turned out good since it don't like me and i don't like metal haha.. so what do u think? pretty close to Dave's.. but a few things different..

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
looks aight man. did ya make it to clear 20s? because that lip for the blower is a little big, it could catch the tires. otherwise, ill expect my royalty check in the mail next week :D

·
1999 S10 Xtreme
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha.. thank's.. yea it will clear them... but yea u are right.. about the flange.. i jsut amde it that big to make sure the blower will bolt on right.. and not have it lopsided to one sdie or another.. ill trim it to aroudn the blower tomorrow when i clean it up and seal and paint it.. and also that little bung thing for the pipe i need to weld up also..

·
1999 S10 Xtreme
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just ran into a problem.. i guess this is what u get at 10 at night and dead tired.. the blower still till to low.. needs to be moved up yet.. im not quite shure hot to do it. besides start all over.. any suggestions?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
probably have to redo it man, that thing needs to be up right against the cowl, and a flat edge of the blower should be parallel with the tire for clearance.

·
1999 S10 Xtreme
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i broke most of all the welds. and moved it up... next time i do something like that ill make sure im not that tired and not late. haha.. but i mnoved it up like 1.5 inchs haha.. and had to make a filler plate.. now its seam sealed. all i gotta do is put a bung or soemthign for the that little pipe to motor. and then paint it.. thank's guys

·
ITS NOT EASY BEING EASY, MODERATOR
19,339 Posts
i heard a saying before, something like measure twice cut once... j/k man looks good.

atleast you were not afraid to do something on your own. keep workin on it and it will work.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ill pay you top price for yours and you can make a new one...
Drew

·
Registered
533 Posts
ill give you a hooker and 150 dollars

·
1999 S10 Xtreme
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ill give you a hooker and 150 dollars...... sounds like a deal. lol... nah.. it is actually quite easy to make one.. jsut very time consuming...sp.?... hte piece aroudn the fan is a 4 inch piece or 4.25. wide. and like i made it 36 inch's long so i had enough.. and its 2 flate pieces of metal.. and jsut shape it like the old box but higher... i was suprised since i dont like to mess with metal to much... but it came out nice... i would say give it a try..

·
Now owns an S-10
8,102 Posts
looks nice, glad you took the initiative to do it yourself and not beg someone to make on for you!

·
1999 S10 Xtreme
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was gettign to that point.. cuz on this damn truck i get to frustrated and crap.. i dic*ed around all day till i said screw it im gonna try it.. i wanted dave to make me one. and now i understand where he came from with all the variables u have to look for in doing this,. it was fun though..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts