S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
draggin on the I10
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 s10 fleetside. I was wondering do I need a 4-link to be able to do this? Do I have to cut the bed of nmy truck? And does Jason't s10 kit fit my s10? And is a viair 450c ok to go with a 12 gallon tank? Ok cananbody answer all these queations i'd really appreicate it.

I'm new but I was on blazinlow.com .... My blazer got broken into and I was about to bag it but I bought a new truck so I jsut need help with those questions basically. Thank you.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
GreenWenvy said:
Yes, you will need to cut your bed and no a 12 gallon is WAY to big. Maybe if you run 2 450s but 1 will burn up.
Double check your info, please.

You will not need to cut your bed if your tires are small enough. If you run a 24.5 tire will lay with a 2.25" notch.

12 gallons is too much for a single viair 450. Rule of thumb is 5-6 gallons per compressor.

you dont need a 4link to layout. a 4" block and mono leaf will layout as well.

and yes Jason's kit will fit your truck.

·
draggin on the I10
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my tires are 235/45/17's and I don't need ot step notch the frame just c-notch it? And will I need ot notch nay of hte crossmembers becuase I know I needed to notch the tank crossmember on my blazer when I had it. So then I don't need to cut if my tires work, no 4 link, and no mono blocks? Or do i have that wrong

thanks for all the help guys i'm trying to buy everything by hte end of next week

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
with a 235-45-17, you won't lay without a monster notch, which means you have to cut the bed, and you would also have to notch the gas tank x-member about an 1".

·
draggin on the I10
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha that aint gonna stop me i hoping i can spend about 1000 on everything i need but i'll see prolly going to be more

·
draggin on the I10
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i don't really need a c-notch or anything ... my total without any brackets and notches is like 750 at the moment and i think thats all i need .... and i know somebody that is gonna install it all for liek 400 bucks hich aint bad.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
you need brackets, unless the bags will magically float in place, and you need the notch to lay frame....

·
draggin on the I10
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i know i was jsut saying i have yet to add that stuff since i don't know what notch i need becuase i wqas going to see if I could just buy the kit or what ... but i knew I needed that stuff

·
draggin on the I10
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so I have to cut the bed huh? And i would need a step not a notch?

sorry i jsut wanna make sure i order the right stuff ya know

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
with that big of a tire, you will need to cut the bed, install a step notch, and notch the gas tank crossmember... like they said.

the front, you will need to cut out the spring pocket, install the shock relocator bracket, and if you want the front to lay completely out, you will have to remove the inner fenders, and radius cut the inner part of the fenders.

now if you when with a 215/ 40/17 or a 225/40/17 at all four corners you should be able to lay without removeing the inner fenders, and the back would only need a 2.5" bolt in step notch.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
If u decide to go with a mono in the back then u may have to get your leaves dearched. If your leaf spring pack has 3 in it then going to have to get the springs dearched. If it has 4 then u probly won't and it will get you pretty close to laying frame. Also leave the overload leaf in.

·
draggin on the I10
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh yeah what do i need ot buy for the springs or mono blocks or what not for the back cuz that is another thing i'm clueless on. forgot all about that ... i'm not really a mechanic and don't know all that much about this stuff i'm a car audio person

1 - 20 of 29 Posts