S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was checking out the setups on some of the trucks at the forbidn fantasies show. they dont look to complicated, i just got a regulator from my welding teacher but its for oxygen.

please post pics of your setups

thanks
scott

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
you need to feed the compressed gas into standard air tanks, because the regulator on the bottle itself is way too small...so the bottle will fill up the tanks, then you need 300 psi valves instead of 150, and make sure your tanks can handle the pressure too. other than that..??

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would regulate my pressure out of the c02/nitrogen at 150 maybe like 160 so i wouldnet hurt anything. into my 5gal tank on my truck right now. i think i have everything except for tank and mic. fittings.

lates
scott

please post pics if anyone has a nitro or co2 or scuba setup :)
thanks

·
E.M.A. Customs
266 Posts
you need a regulator mounts for the bottle and a hose running to the tank if you are going to run a compressor you might want to get a ball vavle to cut it off from the tank cuz the pressure will leak back through it and a hsoe going to the tank that is about it :thumbup:

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Your oxygen regulator wont work wiht Nitrogen or Co2.

You need bottle specific Regulators.

Nitrogen has a Male NPT Fitting on the end of the reg.

Co2 Has Female.

I run mine at about 175, that is to a homade(Ghetto) manifold setup of ball vlaves and what not.

It's a bunch of cobbled up fittings, hose, clamps, and a bit of soldering.

There is a fitting soldered onto the end of the out going port on the regulator that brings it up to a 3/8 threaded fitting, and then it is ferrel/nut fitted over my hose into the manifold.

With my slow ass ghetto setup it still gets up and down pretty quick, but it's loud as hell inside the cab. :bash:

Hope this helps you out some......:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.