S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mud Dummy
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres what I have and what I would like to be able to do. I would like opinions on how to get there. 89 s10 blazer with 4.3 .030 over around 9.5:1 compression, edlebrock TES, GM performance parts marine cam 4.11 gears 31" tires 4x4. I would like to have it be in the low 15's high 14's (ok I would prefer to be in the 9's) I'll be realistic.

Kurt

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Well if I were you with the start you have interally, I would get the heads done. With having a cam, headers, the heads being ported, polished, new valves, springs, 1:52 roller rockers, and get the head milled to up the compression some, you could see a very good gain and with a decent intake and throttle body, you'd definetly be happy. Any where from 25-50 horses and maybe more.

·
Mud Dummy
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm waiting to see about this new intake from Mach or a ramjet. I was going to go with a performer intake from edelbrock and bore it to accept the BB chevy throttle body with 2" bores but with the flow capacity of the new heads I would like to start with those as opposed to spending big bucks on makeing older heads work. I know the 92-95 CPI heads flow pretty good but it would be nice to put 96 up heads. I did a slight clean up on the stock heads when it was put together. Also I forgot ihave made a custom prom to help the truck idle nicer with the 224 duration the marine cam has.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Oh no doubt the 96 and up heads would be better, but do decide on which heads! The new intake will only fit the newer heads for now, and the ram jet wont from what I hear. But the heads is where you want to start.

·
Mud Dummy
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the zz4.3 fits new heads. and the ramjet will fit the old heads. the zz is for TBI? induction or will it be MPI and ill need a new ecm and the ramjet is for MPI? It seems to be easier to find the new heads on ebay or pre vortec. so my logical choice would be the newer heads. I wonder if they need a test vihicle for the new intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts