S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Fully Bagged S10
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup i finally got enough money to drop my blazer i been riding high for so long and it sucks well now its time to drop it what do i need for a good ride

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
What size wheels and tires do you have???? How bad of a clearance problem will you have with a 5/5 drop?? You are definately going to need to notch the frame too.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You wont need to notch the frame, i had a 5/6 on my 2000 blazer, and it actually drove good, except it was a ghetto drop, (cut springs, 5 inch blocks) Just be sure to get a good brand

Nice blazer, did you get that sunroof installed or did it come like that?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yeah i just hacked off the bump stops, but not all the way, never really had any major problems, you just gotta be extra careful wit the potholes

·
SFBD 5.0 Bravada
56 Posts
im doin a 5/5 drop on my 2001 2-door blazer also, with stock rims/tires. I got all belltech parts; spindles, 3" coils, 3" leafs, 2" blocks, nitro-active shocks, and sd.com c-notch is coming soon. once the notch is here ill be taking it to PMA (in MI) and lettin em have at it!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
So just by hacking the bump stops, you don't bottom out??? How about scraping??? I notice the frame on the blazer takes a nice drastic drop right before the leaf springs. I loved scraping my sonoma with the 4/5 drop but that dip in the frame on the blazer kind of scares me. I guess if you don't hurt it drag it!!!!

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,984 Posts
Im gettting my blazer soon, 2dr 2wd 99, i have the same questions that he did but this thread answered most of them. Can i do 5/6 without any problems? Is there a kit that will give me 5/6 or will that need to be bought separate? AND... where should i get these parts from?

Also, where can i get angled 3 in blocks?

·
De-Xtremed
2,404 Posts
Anything more than a 4" drop in the rear requires a notch, not unless you want to ride on the axle. You can find angled 3" blocks almost anywhere, I think that DJM is the only company to make the 4" angled block.

·
Knows a lil' about a lil'
2,546 Posts
xman, i have to disagree. a buddy of mine has a blazer X w/ a 5/6 new coils, spindles, leafs and blocks and he doesn't have a notch or ride on the rear bumpstops. If I remember correctly he has the brackets cut off, but that's it. Now when the rear of the truck is loaded then it hits the frame more often. But a notch is not a requirement just yet. Anyway, that's my experience and advice. Hope it helps.

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,984 Posts
anyone got a link to angled 3"? And i might do a small notch it in the future if i have any problems since i will not be baging for a long time.

·
De-Xtremed
2,404 Posts
mine rides on the axle with 4.5" drop, so does my buddies blaze, he hes a 5.5" drop. I know this from first hand experience, not what my buddies say. People always round off they're rear drop, 1.5" drop leafs and 3" drop blocks = always bottoming out. my bumpstop brackets are completely cutoff as well, it don't matter it's getting all redone and linked here pretty soon...

·
2,546 Posts
xman said:
mine rides on the axle with 4.5" drop, so does my buddies blaze, he hes a 5.5" drop. I know this from first hand experience, not what my buddies say. People always round off they're rear drop, 1.5" drop leafs and 3" drop blocks = always bottoming out. my bumpstop brackets are completely cutoff as well, it don't matter it's getting all redone and linked here pretty soon...
Oh yeah, I know each truck is different, I'm just saying what my friend's truck has (I was around for the), and his suspension is all belltech, even the leafs, the only thing Xtreme on there is the kit. Anyway, whatever works for the poster is all that matters.

Oh, n/m, his is a 5/5, not a 5/6. still, it rides fine and he has no problems with it.

·
De-Xtremed
2,404 Posts
Alex33 said:
Oh yeah, I know each truck is different, I'm just saying what my friend's truck has (I was around for the), and his suspension is all belltech, even the leafs, the only thing Xtreme on there is the kit. Anyway, whatever works for the poster is all that matters.

Oh, n/m, his is a 5/5, not a 5/6. still, it rides fine and he has no problems with it.
Good for him:D

·
Uni-Joint Snapper
792 Posts
Im runnin 3'' coils, 2'' spindles, stock X leafs and 3'' blocks. it bottoms out from time to time, but im not riding the axle. although I was wondering how much drop I would acieve/how it would ride if i took out the overload leaf from the pack, anyone ever done that?

·
2,546 Posts
One thing we can all agree on is that pulling the overload won't give you any more of a drop, it just weakens the pack. You'll need to pull one of the middle leafs if you want to drop the truck more.

·
Uni-Joint Snapper
792 Posts
Okay, but on the same note, if I pull one of my leafs, how much of a drop will I achieve. and or how badly will it slap my frame because of all of the added weight on the rear from having an SUV vs a pickup?

·
2,546 Posts
depends on a few things, but expect approx 1.5" of drop.

·
Uni-Joint Snapper
792 Posts
Will it soften the ride considerably? The axle hit my frame A LOT a while back, i ditched my 120lb stereo, ran a little less psi, and ran nitrogen in my tires (dont give me shit, it was free from work and helps quite a bit), now the axle doesnt hit all that bad, but i want to drop it more and make it even with the front. I just cant have it hitting a lot more until i get my SD Bolt in C-Notch...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts