S-10 Forum banner

1601 - 1606 of 1606 Posts

·
Old Fart
3,103 Posts
Just bought a '96 2.2L with 110k miles. It's clean and runs smooth. Today, it's getting an oil change and inspection. I suck at manual (less than one day in), but I'm looking forward to the day that it's comfortable to drive around hilly Seattle. Soon enough! View attachment 336915
Welcome, nice looking truck but be careful around Rhotpursuit he will corrupt you! 🤣

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
Nice!! @Dannyk

There’s the almost identical S10 in the identical color local in Destin with around 40,000 miles on it. Only differences are it’s a ‘97,and it’s a 4.3 auto,..cosmetically it looks identical tho.

started ripping into my ‘03 extended cab base I bought a couple months ago..

I got the parts I was after from a ‘02 I dismantled last week to fix this one..😋

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome, nice looking truck but be careful around Rhotpursuit he will corrupt you! 🤣
Lol. Thanks for the warm welcome, folks. Inspection went well and the truck passed with flying colors. Feeling good about the purchase now. First project is gonna be replacing the right dash indicator. Looks like I gotta take the dash out and all that fun stuff. Any good threads here on this? I'll do some searching too.

Second project is a new fog light/cover, but I think gaffer tape can work it's magic for now

·
Old Fart
3,103 Posts
Lol. Thanks for the warm welcome, folks. Inspection went well and the truck passed with flying colors. Feeling good about the purchase now. First project is gonna be replacing the right dash indicator. Looks like I gotta take the dash out and all that fun stuff. Any good threads here on this? I'll do some searching too.

Second project is a new fog light/cover, but I think gaffer tape can work it's magic for now
If you do a search you will find several threads on taking the dash apart. I suggest ordering enough LED bulbs to do all so you don't have to take it apart again anytime soon. One of the first things I did to my truck was to replace all my light bulbs with LEDs for better light output and dependability. I found out the military switched from red to blue lighting to help night vision a few years ago so I use blue LEDs for all my dash lights.

·
Registered Offender
642 Posts
Completed a road trip to/from upstatre NY - 2,060 miles without a hiccup. Despite constant lake effect snow from Wilkes Barre to the Cuyohoga River, it never went into 4WD and held the road pretty well. I have over 200K of seat-time in these second gen half-trucks, and this was about 1% of that. I beleive I was getting upwards of 19 MPG before the snow got serious in the western Pennsylvania hills on the Applacian range.

GTF - I beleive the U.S. Chair Force went to an aqua-blue for general illumination, not a true high-temp blue (<5,000°K), although the LED screens are still all mulit-colored. The most powerful military organization in the known universe (U.S. Navy) is still using red for night ops illumination shipboard, and was toying with various colors for general imstrument ilumination. The is almost 2 year old info from General Atomics - Huntington Ingalls, and things do change since the Ford was completed..

1601 - 1606 of 1606 Posts