S-10 Forum banner
2601 - 2619 of 2619 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
after 2 weeks of waiting i have AC. went to change the AC high port and the New compressor would not engage. it will do it maually but the vehicle would not tell it to engage. Shade tree mech did some electrical check between other jobs and found AC relay Switch connector to be off. so he had to re pin it. now i have full AC, this week imma put some LED resistors for the tail lights and do some painting. on the black parts with Sating blak

·
Registered
304 Posts
Got an update y'all. They finally decided to pay me and not total loss it. I will get a check for 2,492.76 and keep the truck and keep the clean title. Since they say in Florida they pay 100 percent of the damages. All just over that lil dent.
Been since the end of June dealing with the other person's insurance company.
So I get to keep my 230k mile beater 👍
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
That is plenty to get it repaired AND have some left over for extra mods

Reactions: S10 mike jacob

·
Registered
304 Posts
I also picked this up today, might keep it or sell it. Paid 600 bucks clean title.
00 two door jimmy with 198k miles.
Needs a 1-2 shift solenoid and a.few.other cosmetic things you would expect for a 21 yr old vehicle. But I couldn't pass it up.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle
Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Wheel Car
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood
Grey Car seat Tints and shades Electric blue Window
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

·
Registered
304 Posts
Tomorrow I will be picking up this 01 xtreme blazer with 101k miles, but it might have a bad motor.
They just had a shop replace the crank sensor and the dist cap and rotor and plugs and wires for 800 bucks. And they are telling them the motor is bad.
So I'm gonna go check it out and buy it anyway since I kind of know the people. They want 2 grand and won't budge off the price but it's to clean to pass up.
I noticed it has a column shifter, I thought the xtremes had the floor shifter and power windows?
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Car seat cover
Land vehicle Speedometer Trip computer Vehicle Odometer
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Hood
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
304 Posts
Checked it out today, it's a real extreme. Just waiting on the tow guy to deliver it later.
Gonna change the camshaft and crank sensors and see what happens.
Has a slight knock on start up,and after a min or so it wants to stumble like it's dying.
The lady I am getting it from is the second owner and she had it since 2004, she said the shop told her she needs a new motor and tried to charge her $6,000 or they would let her trade this in on a used vehicle they had on the lot. I think they were just trying to rip her off and take this from her.
Font Publication Material property Auto part Automotive exterior
Gas Font Electric blue Communication Device Metal
Material property Office equipment Publication Office supplies Font
Hand White Gadget Measuring instrument Finger
Communication Device Mobile phone Gadget Telephony Portable communications device
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Tire Wheel

·
time to get cereal
5,615 Posts
Probably shouldn't be posting phone numbers on here.... you know you can crop the photos so they don't show all the black space and phone crap?

Or you know, just save the photo to your phone instead of screenshooting everything?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Changed the camshaft sensor inside the distributor with a used good one I had laying around, I still get the code
Now I get to diagnose a rod knock or a cracked flex plate or what.
It knocks sometime, but I dont lose oil pressure, it stays at 40 at idle and then after a min or so it starts to stumble like it wants to die.
I also have something drawing power and killing the battery, so maybe I have some kind of short also and it's not getting enough voltage to the cam sensor plug?

·
time to get cereal
5,615 Posts
Got this guy in the mail today, now just to decide what to put inside of it....

·
Registered
304 Posts
Picked me up another project today, 00 blazer trailblazer edition 164k miles, i originally bought it to pull the motor out and put in that blue extreme that I had just bought, but I kind of don't really want to tear this thing apart. Plus I never seen one of these before and it is a two-wheel drive model. Gave a grand for it. It runs solid, just needs some love and a good detail.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Plant
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,312 Posts
My folks have the 4wd version.

BTW...headlight is in wrong... 😂