·
Registered
2,018 Posts
It is mounted to the frame,3 bolts, steering shaft, Pittman arm

Reactions: S10 mike jacob

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I'm sure there is a # denoting the box type but I do not know for sure. I would pull it any way though. Most people do not change steering boxes unless they are like us lol

Reactions: S10 mike jacob

·
time to get cereal
5,615 Posts
Yea I heard the Blazer sway bars work too, but are the top mounts the same also on a blazer and a S10?
I also heard that you need the 2wd sway bar if your trucks a 2wd, heard the 4wd wouldn't fit?
ZQ8 sway bars are the same as 2wd 4-door Blazer bars. The rear mounts to the frame differently on the trucks, that's why I grabbed the brackets. The front bars will swap right out. 4wd will not work for sure in the front. I've never looked at the rear bar on a 4wd.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ok guys I went back to get that zq8 steering box, when I got there I noticed the wheels were turned and the steering wheel assembly was gone so I'm like man someone got to it already.
But the box was still there lol.
Got it for 30 bucks with a 15 core, so 45 bucks out the door.
But the pitman arm thing was a pita to get off,I didn't have a big enough hammer, next time I will bring a bigger handheld Sledge.
But I got her done.
What is a better way to remove that so I don't tear up the one on my truck when I go to swap them out? Like a 2 or 3 jaw puller?
I don't want to use that pickle fork again.
And also is there a way to tell by this number if this is the right box or not?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Sculpture Wood Gas
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Auto part
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Rim Nut Screw
Automotive tire Black Motor vehicle Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
22 Posts
AC IS DONE. $300 on compressor, condenser, receiver drier, expansion valve, Blower motor and line brand new. and $300 to install them why my shade-tree mech. just doing some leak testing before closing the evaporator box. i did notice the blower motor speed selector works from speed 2-3-4 . do i need a resistor or could it be the speed slider?

·
Registered
22 Posts
sorry for the double post. AC was repair found out i need Service port for the high side is leaking! leaking so bad the cap flew off. as is my luck this is not the normal valve core set up. is a screw on check valve Port. no store had it so i had to order from amazon. now i have to get it evacuate and recharge again.

also put LED tail light bulbs got late could not put the dummy load.

can someone give me the Spec for the 2 tail light screws. i lost one i spend like 10 minutes looking for it. its just better for me to get some replacement.

·
time to get cereal
5,615 Posts
Getting closer to having upgraded brakes. Got my adapter brackets and hubs with extended studs.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The original water pump went out on my truck this week. Thankfully I realized it before it dumped all the coolant. After 263,000 miles, I'm not going to complain. It's replaced and back on the road.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Road trip to Laughlin last week, now to Utah

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,312 Posts
Not an S series, but took the new Blazer on a road trip yesterday. 285 miles with lots of stop and go driving. Just short of 25mpg. That's with the 3.6 308 hp V6.

·
Engineer
2003 S10 4.3L 4wd Crew Cab
164 Posts
Tidied up the cuts on my rear fender and glued on some fuel line to protect the paint and people's fingers.

Reactions: MyWorkInProgress

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I have noticed my PRND321, Tripometer, dome lights and marker lights flash at idle. While at the salvage yard I found a thick cable on an escalade running from the battery to the back of the alternator I added it to my existing factory charge wire and the flashing has gone away. This additional wire does have a GM part #

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not today, but within the past week. Stripped/painted a JY grill Gunmetal w/black bowtie. Looks pretty good considering it was all done in my garage. Also installed double din Kenwood, fyi, neither the 2002 Metra kit, nor 2001 Metra kit work (was told while my truck is an 02, it was assembled in Oct 01 and has the 01 dash). I used some "L" shaped brackets, slotted for adjustability, and two small washers on the passenger side to get it to fit flush. Not 100% perfect, but doubt anyone else will notice. It'll be aligned perfect once I have to remove the dash trim again.

·
Premium Member
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
676 Posts
Grill looks good, I like that bumper as well. Nobody will notice the radio not being flush with pictures that dark.

·
Engineer
2003 S10 4.3L 4wd Crew Cab
164 Posts
New "center console" came in today. I wanted to replace my current one so I can fit triple shifters in the future. I was originally going to fab up a new one with angle iron and sheet metal, but found this for only $25 and thought I could make it work with some trimming.

2561 - 2580 of 2619 Posts