S-10 Forum banner

2021 - 2028 of 2028 Posts

·
Old Fart
3,756 Posts
Today was such a beautiful day I clocked out at 4pm went to the post office to mail out a part and was told there were too many people in line(covid19 BS) and that I would need to come baxk in the morning... Glad I am off tomorrow...
Pulled my brand new rotors and brakes out to the truck jacked her up and forgot I needed 3 new studs but i put them on anyway truck isn't moving under power for a few more months! Blazer can now have all of my attention tomorrow View attachment 341563
Do you not have any of the places that do USPS, UPS, or FEDEX shipping? The ones here never seem to have more than one or two people waiting in line.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Not near me and with the time constraints I had. No worries, part shipped today as it would have if I mailed it yesterday at 430

·
Registered
45 Posts
2000 LS 2.2. Left motor mount. Easier than the RH was because I had the AC, PS and exhaust manifold out while waiting for my new exhaust to be delivered.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Replaced my driver side wiper arm with the dorman 42533 part from advance auto.
Looks like it's bent more than my old one, where my old one looks more straight ,so it should hold against the window better.
I finally had to use the wipers on high for a few minutes and that's when it went all crazy, so I pulled over and took it off so it didn't tear up the threads on the shaft anymore.
Maybe I could of just tried to re position it and tighten it down again. But I figured it was shot
IMG_20200708_135437.jpg
IMG_20200708_135447.jpg

IMG_20200708_135455.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
00 ls 2.2 auto. Installed cavalier efan and imperial stat.
More low end, no more 747 sound. Stayed at 210 in traffic running the ac in the 95 degree FL heat today.

·
Old Fart
3,756 Posts
Replaced my driver side wiper arm with the dorman 42533 part from advance auto.
Looks like it's bent more than my old one, where my old one looks more straight popso it should hold against the window better.
I finally had to use the wipers on high for a few minutes and that's when it went all crazy, so I pulled over and took it off so it didn't tear up the threads on the shaft anymore. View attachment 341829 View attachment 341830
I would get a correct one from the boneyard. If you use Rain-X you never have to turn the wipers on at highway speeds and only intermittent at lower speeds will give better vision than high-speed wipers anytime plus less wear and tear on your wiper system. I have been in horrific downpours where everyone was pulling off to the shoulder and stopping because they couldn't see and I didn't need to even turn my wipers on at 55 mph the rain was flying off my windshield for a perfectly clear view. Hardest rain I have ever seen and it was North Texas.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would get a correct one from the boneyard. If you use Rain-X you never have to turn the wipers on at highway speeds and only intermittent at lower speeds will give better vision than high-speed wipers anytime plus less wear and tear on your wiper system. I have been in horrific downpours where everyone was pulling off to the shoulder and stopping because they couldn't see and I didn't need to even turn my wipers on at 55 mph the rain was flying off my windshield for a perfectly clear view. Hardest rain I have ever seen and it was North Texas.
It is the correct one according to rockauto, and an OEM one is like 75 bucks, and I didn't want one from the junkyard since I'm sure the spring is weak on all of them anyways, common problem for these things.
I usually wax my windows when I wax the truck, so that's my rain x lol

2021 - 2028 of 2028 Posts