S-10 Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2023 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Today I remove the steering wheel controls and Clock Spring from a 2003 Chevy Blazer and put them in my 02 Chevy Astro. Like it so much in my Sonoma I put it in my 02 Astro.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Went to the parts yard Saturday and picked up a headlight switch with the foglight switch. Eyeballed a 2WD 8.5 inch rear. Considering a Bravada grille swap. I really like how they look.

·
It's mostly BS
2,748 Posts
New pads and shoes, flushed fluid. Changed oil and coolant, greased front end. Rotated tires. Replaced a few of those lug nut covers. Hopefully good til next summer.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Late start on the truck due to the blazer giving a hard time today. S10 took me just over 2 hours to swap the 8.5" in, custom stainless brake line fit like a champ, rear shocks are dead and my coil overs have not made it here yet..... Driveshaft has to be cut still.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Are you putting a four link in?
I think you are the only one to catch that;))
At first I was going to do the cal-tracs but I enjoy cornering A LOT and those have to be readjusted for anything other than lateral acceleration. Not good for my intention. Great parts and proven.

I then looked into the Ridetech and was hot on that but the bracket that mounts on the axle housing needs to be modified to allow the use of a girdle. 1200.00 plus 750.00 for coil overs was a bit much and will kill my budget for this build. Great components though.
Just as I was thinking "forget it" leave it stock and send it I came across this
It's what's happening

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Drilled and slotted rotors finally showed up for the rear. Pics to follow on my day off.

·
Old Fart
3,705 Posts
I got an email from Holley saying a sale was going on until July 4th so I ordered my mounts and heater box for my swap. :cool:

Also while doing some detailing I found my driver's door needs a hinge pin kit so I ordered that as well.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Today was such a beautiful day I clocked out at 4pm went to the post office to mail out a part and was told there were too many people in line(covid19 BS) and that I would need to come baxk in the morning... Glad I am off tomorrow...
Pulled my brand new rotors and brakes out to the truck jacked her up and forgot I needed 3 new studs but i put them on anyway truck isn't moving under power for a few more months! Blazer can now have all of my attention tomorrow

2001 - 2020 of 2023 Posts