S-10 Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2023 Posts

·
Old Fart
3,705 Posts
I took mine to the body shop today to get the big ding someone put in my driver's door a couple of months ago fixed. they are repainting both driver's side doors since they were keyed when I bought the truck and my amateur repairs didn't meet my standards. Also repainting the tailgate again because the drop-in bedliner scratched the top of it from moving all the time and a bolt fell in the right corner and jammed bending the corner when I opened it. A little at a time it's getting shiny new black paint. all that is left is the front clip and passenger side of the cab. The hood will be next when funds allow as the original paint is cracking in a couple of spots.

·
Old Fart
3,705 Posts
I will have to live with my Camaro brakes in front as I still want to be able to use my stock 16-inch wheels in the winter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Installed a spiffy new mount for my Holley dash that goes on my shiny new steering column.

Not terribly exciting but it's pouring down rain, I don't have a garage, and it took about two minutes total. And pardon the mess, it's a work in progress.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
No, I chose not to get them at this time because I may swap to Ls1 camaro rear brakes. This truck is many months away from being on the road

·
Old Fart
3,705 Posts
No, I chose not to get them at this time because I may swap to Ls1 camaro rear brakes. This truck is many months away from being on the road
That would be a waste of money in my opinion as what you have is plenty for a truck that is light in the rear to begin with. Are the Camaro brakes any bigger? It seems like I heard that they were about the same but my old memory may be wrong. 😂

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have the brakes already from my old z28.
New hoses are being made for me I am keeping the Blazer set up

·
Registered
260 Posts
Lets try this again, since the other day when I did pads I noticed I had a bad wheel cylinder.
Got new OEM ceramic pads, wheel cylinders and grabbed me a spare spark plug wire, got that installed also, since I broke one a week or two ago when I did plugs, and the wires were less than a year old. Also got a fuel filter, haven't installed that yet.
IMG_20200618_112850.jpg
IMG_20200618_120609.jpg

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
2” body lift and 31x10.50s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Amphib

·
Registered
31 Posts
Switching to an adjustable seat mount. Always amazes me how poorly the fit and finish is on these cheap plastic seats. Note the bolt angles. They actually straighten up when tightened, but still kinda makes you wonder, ya know?

And, yeah, one bracket is flipped around. Just temporary until I get the correct length bolts.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Picked up another set of C5 wagon wheels lucked out and found a polished set.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Belltech spindles arrived today, finally going to get a little closer to the ground.

1981 - 2000 of 2023 Posts