S-10 Forum banner

5761 - 5780 of 5808 Posts

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
It's cheap aftermarket,bare naked metal. I could set my cup on it while the ice melts,and it would leave a mark,lol.

It actually bugs me that its aftermarket,and I'll replace it with an OE unit. I've got spares..

·
Registered
65 Posts
what's up everybody...haven't been on here for awhile...since the problems of the hacking issue.
finally was able to reset the password.

Anywho, been very busy with life but i've been spending also alot of time over the summer working on my truck...but just to summarize what's been happening the past few months....
In April, I got a new (rebuilt ac delco) quick ratio gear box installed with a new rag joint on the shaft.
In May, i replaced the oil cooler hoses, installed a rear sway bar kit and installed the bigger sway bar for the front with poly bushings and links for both front and rear.
In June was was able to rebuild the upper end of the engine: better quality fel pro intake gaskets, water pump hoses, converted the spider, injection system to the mpi. New cap, rotors, wires, and plugs. but as they say the weakest part of the system would eventually leak...which became the radiator soooo.....
In July, I replaced the radiator, flushed out the system and converted it to the green coolant.
August took time off...

..and so we come to yesterday and today: Found some replacement interior pieces i needed from a local junkyard.
So today installed the HVAC a/c control system (just needed the blower switch but got the whole unit,) Installed replacement sun visors since the original ones were busted and the lights for the mirrors weren't working. Installed a replacement driver side door sill and installed the light/chime switch that was busted on the driver side.

Love this little truck despite the rusting out cab corners and the bed....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Replaced the fuel pump yesterday, figured it was gona go soon and it did. Misfires, ran like crap and bogged down on throttle. Took a day but well worth the time and money.

I also ordered a tps and iac, replaced the iac but never replaced the iac until today, made a huge difference as when i would decelerate my rpms would want to stay high and whenever i shifted into drive it would launch

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
Neil! Omg you are too!!

Still in The sunshine state? I moved to Destin:D been spending time at my old house in Bama(now my kids' dorm) reviving old trucks since everything has finally settled! I've got some good ones to bring back to life!! Including the old BravadaX. Man I miss that piece of shit! lol

I'm surprised your still here after the way you killed off your Xtreme! figured these fags would've run you off by now!

·
Compliance!
5,109 Posts
:haha: I'm still here unfortunately. Making arrangements to move to WA in the near future. Red truck (xtreme) was sold to a good home. Sucker was still driving like a champ, just needed repairs I wasn't willing to fix anymore. The folks here have been pretty nice considering what I did, but I'm not as active as I once was. How is Destin?

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
Like I said,..frame is still grey. Something northern folks know nothing about!! I lol at you "surface rust"

I've got some stuff to spray on the frame to stop it from turning red over time similar to what GM had on it stock. This was just a quick shot with degreaser,and a quick scrub with a dollar store brush

·
2.2 Extremist
4,307 Posts
I'm still here too ya know!

Rarely. I stop by now and then, update a thread or two. Then gone for awhile again haha

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
Haha! Just figured I'd start popping in.

I'm actually enjoying working on this truck at this house! like old days. I've moved on to other vehicles like everyone else,but kept my trucks. Gotta play catch up on them.

Camber/caster A Arm upper shim packs/shock tower..

Completely stock suspension!! lol!

No expense was spared in maint on this beast!

·
4,749 Posts
:haha: I'm still here unfortunately. Making arrangements to move to WA in the near future. Red truck (xtreme) was sold to a good home. Sucker was still driving like a champ, just needed repairs I wasn't willing to fix anymore. The folks here have been pretty nice considering what I did, but I'm not as active as I once was. How is Destin?
Where at in WA? Im up near Bellingham.

·
Compliance!
5,109 Posts
I bet its nice there. I'm looking at east of the Vancouver area. I have friends in the Mill Plains area and ever since my first visit there I've been wanting to go back. Florida is overrated :haha:

·
4,749 Posts
I bet its nice there. I'm looking at east of the Vancouver area. I have friends in the Mill Plains area and ever since my first visit there I've been wanting to go back. Florida is overrated :haha:
Nice area, your close to Portland for tax free shopping. Im 4 hours north.

·
Red Dog's Blazer
352 Posts
tried to figure out why my air is always blowing extremely hot air out the vents even with the ac on or off just picked this up, guess im the 3rd owner, last owner picked it up at 72,000 miles now has 156k about the same as my other blazer this body style had. its clean

Attachments

·
Early Member
3,117 Posts
Drove my truck today. Been awhile.

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,617 Posts
So I purchased a 3D printer a few months back and have been learning to use the software. I've finally designed something from scratch. The original center caps chrome pealed off so I had them powder coated which didn't help them look much better. Now they have the Camaro SS logo on them. I'm still trying to decide if I want to do 3 more in gray or buy some aluminum plastic filament.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I drove her. How do I forget how fun she is?

Also swapped in the recirculation delete panel and swapped out the broken grill. It's spring finally and time to enjoy the Blazer again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I drove her. How do I forget how fun she is?

Also swapped in the recirculation delete panel and swapped out the broken grill. It's spring finally and time to enjoy the Blazer again.

why delete the recirc function ?

played on ebay trying to find missing parts and replacement parts for damaged ones on my 03 Xtreme blazer

5761 - 5780 of 5808 Posts