S-10 Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

· Registered
03 GMC Sonoma SLS & 04 Chevrolet Blazer Ls
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Remove test pipe. Put a new catalytic converter in and reinstalled factory tune. Drove it for a while to set monitors then had smog done ( Passed ). Came back home. Remove new catalytic and reinstall test pipe and previous tune. It gets much better gas mileage with test pipe and previous tune. Started stripping new frame hopefully by Tuesday to have it in the garage test fitting the 5.3Ls, I have no worries about smog for the next 2 years, but by then I should be long gone out of California.

· Registered
164 Posts
Finally fixed the oil leak from the lower intake manifold after using the wrong kind of silicone (I used red RTV). Yes i had to redo it, sucked but Im glad its done and I wont have to add half a quart every hundred miles. Now to get a new cat!

· Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Decided to swap the rear end in my blazer today, going from a 3.42 gear ratio to a 4.10 gear ratio with G80. The reason I decided to, I blew both axle seal and totaled one axle bearing. And hopefully you don't need my e-brake because there covered in gear oil. Going to wash them down with brake clean tomorrow but I think those e-pads are done.

· Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Decided to delete oil cooler and got an unexpected 19 PSI Gain. Went from 40 PSI cold to 59 PSI at idle. And 65 PSI at 2,000 RPMs. I wonder if there was something wrong with that GM oil cooler adapter?

· Registered
19 Posts
Thats a sweet James you got there bud
Thanks man! here's a better pic of it in the daylight although trucks really dirty and needs bodywork.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

And i guess today too i swapped my front jimmy bumper for the blazer one, so my grill would actually fit, installed my skid plates, new sparkler wires, and looked at my performance coil i bought, took me a bit to find out its for a foxbody ford 5.0.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Comming soon, spare tire carrier converted jerry can holder, 10' tall cb radio antenna, "James" badges, and an AOOGA horn

· Registered
164 Posts
Thanks man! here's a better pic of it in the daylight although trucks really dirty and needs bodywork. View attachment 369536

And i guess today too i swapped my front jimmy bumper for the blazer one, so my grill would actually fit, installed my skid plates, new sparkler wires, and looked at my performance coil i bought, took me a bit to find out its for a foxbody ford 5.0.
View attachment 369537

Comming soon, spare tire carrier converted jerry can holder, 10' tall cb radio antenna, "James" badges, and an AOOGA horn
Thats sick, always loved the 2 doors. How many miles? She looks clean!

· Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·

· Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
81 - 94 of 94 Posts